Thread: Because You're mine, I tow the line...installing 4 pin trailer lights

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Because You're mine, I tow the line...installing 4 pin trailer lights

I've got a 1 1/4" hitch on my Micra, I use it for my 2 bike bike rack, it works well. I'd been wanting to install a 4 pin trailer light connector to either add auxiliary lights to the bike rack (it somewhat covers the stock ones) or to tow a very small boat trailer.
    I did not want to use a universal unit where I would have to splice wires.
    Of course Curt did not list a part for the Micra because it is a company out of the states.

I figured that Nissan would probably use tail light and electrical loom parts in the Micra already used somewhere else in their product line.
    It took a bit of research on the intrawebs, but the taillight connectors looked the same on the Versa sedan as on the Micra. (Different from the Versa Note, however.)

I found a company in the lower mainland that would allow me to order in the Versa "T" connector Curt model that fits inline and uses the stock custom connectors, and return it if it didn't work, minus a 10% restocking fee.

Guess what....

It works!

Pics to follow.

The correct part number is Curt #56185

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woofer2609 For This Useful Post:

19Howie73 (05-21-2016),Daox (01-28-2016),IMPUL (01-29-2016),MetroMPG (01-29-2016),Pete (01-28-2016),ptbo micra (01-28-2016)