Thread: Just Bought a 2019 Micra SV (chose automatic trans for better efficiency)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Just Bought a 2019 Micra SV (chose automatic trans for better efficiency)

I owned a 2017 Micra (SV with 5 speed manual) and absolutely loved the car, but at the time it was too small for my needs so I traded it for a 2021.5 Mazda CX-5. I primary use the vehicle for commuting to work and drive over 40,000km/year (I've been as high as 60,000/year). My wife drives a 2020 Pathfinder SL Rock Creek which we use for towing our camper.

As gas prices have exploded, I have been re-considering my daily driver. I've owned several vehicles over the years, and for some strange reason, I really enjoy the Micra driving experience including winter driving dynamics. I really wanted to buy an electric vehicle and went so far as to put a down payment on a 2022 Nissan Leaf Plus SV. However, after reading about battery degradation I cancelled the order. I looked at other EVs but for one reason or another, I ruled them all out. It seems there are still lots of kinks for all manufacturer's to work out before I'm comfortable taking the plunge.

That brought me back to the Micra. My 2017 was amazing on fuel. The only gripe I ever had with it was not coming equipped with aluminum wheels and that in 5th gear the engine revved like crazy on the highway due to a short 5th gear. So, I just purchased a used 2019 Micra SV (auto) with the Sport Appearance Package. It was put into service in September 2020 and just came off lease with 9000km on the odometer. The car is basically brand new! I pick it up Thursday. I went with the automatic transmission this time around because it has a taller final gear which means I should get better economy.
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 04-25-2022 at 01:04 PM. Reason: (added info to title)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JOEMAMA For This Useful Post:

Big black bear (04-26-2022),HammyJ (04-25-2022)