Thread: Picking up used 2015 Micra SV standard - concerned about engine noise

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Picking up used 2015 Micra SV standard - concerned about engine noise

Hey guys,

I've been looking for a new car to get me back home. I decided on the Micra, and after test-driving one, I decided to seek out one with A/C.

So I test drove this Micra dealership. A couple little issues but they're going to sort them out for the safety cert. Anyway, I noticed on the test drive that the engine made a noise at around 2k rpm. It honestly sounded like normal small engine noises to me so I didn't think twice of it. Then I came across the infamous knocking thread.

Is this something I REALLY need to worry about? It seems that 2-3 people were keeping that thread alive, but I've not actually heard of anyone in Canada experiencing engine failure on these cars. I know they replaced some engines but the whole thing seems bizarre. If the rods were really smacking around in the bottom of the engine due to a defective bearing, these cars should be throwing rods like there's no tomorrow. I'd love to hear peoples long-term experience after hearing the "knock" and whether their engine was any worse for wear. I know one user had it simply go away after some-time - something that absolutely would not happen with rod-knock.

Thanks ahead of time! I can't wait to get my car this Friday and officially join the club.
    Last edited by thrifted_film; 07-23-2020 at 01:17 PM.