Thread: Gas Prices... (Are you doing anything to save gas?)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Gas Prices... (Are you doing anything to save gas?)

Gas in Vancouver hovers above $1.70 a litre — is this what the rest of Canada is in for?

https://globalnews.ca/news/5201572/g...couver-canada/

Now that the summer driving season is almost upon us, I'd like to start a discussion about how the increasing gasoline prices have affected your driving habits, travel plans, daily commute, etc. Even with our fuel-sipping Micras we're all affected to a certain extent depending on your local gas prices and what you use your Micra for. Here in Edmonton as of this posting regular gas has been hovering around $1.16 or so per litre; I've actually started using public transit (i.e. our light rail train) instead of the Little Guy for my daily commute to work, and using him only on evenings and weekends. We've also started "bundling" our trips (i.e. doing as may errands as possible on one single car trip than making several) and using store loyalty gas discounts whenever possible. I figure we're probably saving about $100 or so per month on gas, having to tank him up just once every 3-4 weeks now. Love to hear everyone's stories, should be a lively discussion!
    Last edited by Micra In The Mountains; 04-27-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    Nice!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Micra In The Mountains For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-10-2019)