I'm curious to know which category new Micra owners fall under. I have driven a 2003 Toyota Echo hatchback 5spd for quite some time and then got a 2013 Hyundai Accent. I have to say the newer cars (In general) are a lot better built and offer great value. Having been an Echo driver before and the likeness between the Micra and that car, I am a little hesitant about getting back into such a light car although that is what made driving the Echo fun and scary at the same time.

Anyway, I do a lot of highway commute and when I drove the Echo the cross winds were scary, the big SUVs that buzz by you were scary, pretty much most cars going by at a high rate of speed made the car wobble. 2 Winters ago, I beached my car because they didn't clear the snow on my street. Was quite funny come to think of it but having since owned the Accent, I haven't had those same 'trouble's'.

Honest question now: Would you spend a little more to get a more sturdy car like a Golf MK7 or something a little bigger but still offer the same fuel economy or frugalness of initial cost? There are lots of good, perhaps even better options with just a few more thousand dollars.

Would like to hear your suggestion and where you're coming from to get into this little car.

Some other cars I'm considering at this point are: Kia Soul, Ford Focus, Hyundai Veloster, Mini Cooper, VW Golf MK7.