Thread: What car will you drive next?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

What car will you drive next?

So for many, the Micra is their first new car, and I know that some people have already traded it in or moved on to another car. For me, my Micra was something I never thought I'd check off on my bucket list without moving to Europe, but three years later, I'm thinking about my next move.

I'll get the ball rolling. I've put on over 100,000 kilometers on my Micra since I bought it in 2014. I gave my 2009 Pontiac Torrent to my son to drive as his first car in order to keep his insurance rates down. When his rates do go down, I intend on giving him my Micra to drive so that he can enjoy the gas savings while he starts his first career, and I'll get my Pontiac Torrent back so that I can enjoy the comfortable seating position. Even though my Torrent is 8 years old, it just passed 100,000 kilometers, so it should be good for a while yet. It's all wheel drive with a V6 engine and 5 speed automatic, and so its fuel economy is roughly half that of the Micra. Eventually, I'll probably replace the Torrent with something along the lines of the Ford F150 work truck with the Ecoboost engine, which gets similar fuel economy as my Torrent, or the Dodge Ram 1500 work truck, which is just slightly worse. Mostly because of my trade, when I write my master's a few years from now, it'll be a tool for my business.

How about you? Do you plan on keeping your Micra forever, are you thinking about trading it in, or maybe just keep it in the family for the kids?

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-05-2017)