Hello all! I have never posted in a forum but thought I'd give this one a go since i've had an increasing number of problems with my Micra, in case anyone else is too. I would recommend for people to really be cautious when buying a Micra, my experience has been horrendous.

It's starting to look like if I have results I should get a lawyer & go to the media.

I have had a horrible experience with Nissan Micra, from the financing at the start to now (having had the 2015 Micra for less than 1 year). Not even 1 year has passed and it is falling apart, from the hoodlatch literally falling out (within the first few months), to the hood no longer opening, the brakes sinking, the vibration of the brakes and the seat (and no it is NOT due to braking period) and the lovely rattling noise that accompanies you throughout your trip. It doesn't even matter if I get these problems fixed because it's inevitable that a new one will just pop up. Even when I try to get the car brought in so Nissan can find a solution I am told I will lose all the money I put down for my car if I want to trade in, even though the car is only at 5300km (and yes, thats 5300 not 53,000). Absolutely disappointed with your support when something goes wrong. If a product is faulty you provide a replacement, not tell the customer "too bad so sad thanks for putting X amount down, to trade in you will now lose all your money and your monthly payment will be more".

Please let me know if anyone else is having these types of problems, I intend on contacting Nissan Corporate on Monday morning to force them to deal with this problem because I don't believe I should be penalized for their faulty product.