Thread: 2015 Nissan Micra S Review (5-spd) - S Stands For Basic (from GOOD CAR BAD CAR)

Thanks

2015 Nissan Micra S Review (5-spd) - S Stands For Basic (from GOOD CAR BAD CAR)

I just came across this well-written Canadian review on GOOD CAR BAD CAR. The author gets into the bare S romanticism with lines like:

There is, nevertheless, a pleasing sense of nostalgia created by the blacked-out button to the right of the climate controls where the presence of A/C is made known.
    it's reminiscent of another era because the Micra needs you. Like a dog with separation anxiety who won't even eat his food when you're gone, the Micra simply won't go without your active participation. You do it all in this car.
    Yep, there's a little burble there, and the 1.6L is sufficiently refined that you won't ever mind revving the snot out of it to hear the four-pot work.
    http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/05...nada-test.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to krssctt For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-27-2015)

Thanks
    Yup, that's a good review.

I chuckled when I saw "no power features" appear on both of his pros & cons lists.

And unusual among auto writers: we have yet another driver reporting much better than advertised fuel economy results:

we averaged 5.9 L/100km in a week of mostly city driving [the manual transmission], much better than even the Micra's official highway fuel consumption rating
    And his conclusion is appropriate:

A Micra buyer wants basic transportation. Fortunately, the Micra doesn't constantly make its owner aware of its four-digit price tag.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...