Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Milton!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I added the picture from your garage. Thats a nice looking Micra!

Thanks
    Congrats! How far will do you be driving each day?

Hope you'll consider posting a mini-review in our "owner's reviews" section.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'm 23km to work each day...so not far..based on dash reading, i'm getting 5.8L/100 average..so i should get 2 weeks out of a tank...much better than the old Maxx...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Nice results! I found the dash gauge to be optimistic by about 5% when I measured it against the actual fill-up amount in an SR automatic.

Going to post your results in our fuel log? Even if you entered only a few tanks worth, it'd be useful.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'll be entering results likely...
    considering all cars i've driven were off about as much, i'm happy with the number..My Maxx displayed 10.2-10.7 for my daily driver tanks. I could do great on the HWY on it, but city drive took a toll on the V6.
    current number is at 6.0...really...if i get 7.5 or Less i'm happy....Specially if i can do that with a little spirited driving here and there. After all, what is the point of having a gokart if you don't drive into a corner once in awhile.

New Driver Notes:
    1 - 6 Speed Manual would have been amazing on this thing. Wonder what the cost of that would have been on their bottom line.
    2 - Really, Brake Fluid Change Every 16000km????? Who does that???? REALLY??? WHAT???
    3 - For short drives, this things is actually really comfy in the seat! long drive to be tested in a week or so..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham18ce View Post
    My Maxx displayed 10.2-10.7 for my daily driver tanks. I could do great on the HWY on it, but city drive took a toll on the V6.
    Yup. Also the weight kills city mileage. Advantage: Micra!

After all, what is the point of having a gokart if you don't drive into a corner once in awhile.
    Too true. However, the 2 driving techniques aren't mutually exclusive: the less you brake before the curve, the less fuel you have to burn getting back up to speed after.

1 - 6 Speed Manual would have been amazing on this thing. Wonder what the cost of that would have been on their bottom line.
    One of the most common critiques of the car. I wonder if Nissan is listening. The next crop of competitors is going to blow it out of the water: the Mazda2 and Toyota Yaris will have 6-speed automatics AND 6-speed manuals, and they will get really good highway MPG ratings as well.

2 - Really, Brake Fluid Change Every 16000km????? Who does that???? REALLY??? WHAT???
    I didn't know that tidbit. I'm going to copy it into a new thread to get more eyeballs on it.