Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I believe that a lawsuit would be very hard to do in this case. I am not in any means a lawyer. All I do know is that they are obligated by the warranty to fix the car. And give me a loaner in certain circumstances. And thus far they have stood by their word and repaired it. I haven't paid a cent in the process, it really isn't causing me emotional damage or anything like that. The only thing it has costed me is a few hours of my day dealing with it. But you are in a different country and have different laws and such. Usually lawsuits happen when they dont fix it. So far as I can tell, they are doing well in that department. So good on ya Nissan. We just have to be a little more patient.
    I see your point and understand, but see this.
    1- engine replaced, problem not fixed.
    Are they going continue swaping engines?? You can say they are unable to fix the problem that way and denny to that.
    2- overhaul the engine.
    If they do this and lets say they fail again.
    Dont you think they are showing an imposibility to fix the problem?? Thats were the lawsuit (at least here) can be done
    Also in the brouchure and user manual of the car it does not says the car will come with that knock, if they say that before people buy the car, will you buy it anyway???.
    3- you can take into court other people report and try to prove this is not an isolated problem.
    I know in the states works more or less like that, but maybe in canada its different, i just was saying my point.
    Hopefully they will have some answers.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 10-17-2015 at 08:46 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...