Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Anonymous, after having new engine installed check it does not have the knock, because on another thread on this forum another user has its engine replaced and the new one was knocking too.
    i suppose new engine has a new warranty right??
    i think is not a matter of time for one of those engines to start knocking again, is a matter of milleage i guess (and luck), because as i said before a guy in us with a versa the stock engine started knocking around 25k miles, and the new one at 15k miles.
    in my case this week my lawer will start all the legal procces to try to get a full refund, because car came faulty from fractory, since brand new, i did not pay for that, nobody told me it was going to be that way, it was a "hidden bonus".
    also i am finishing a website with all the information i have about this problem for trying to prevent people to buy a potentially faulty brand new car, i will share when finished.
    as an interesting information the hr16 engine was designed by a company named aichikikai, this company is the same that designed the faulty gearboxes of the nissan gtr.
    i bet they charge their designs very cheap lol.
    best of luck with your new engine Anonymus.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 08-09-2015 at 11:48 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...