Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Micra owners

Thanks

Farewell Micra owners

Well after 6 years with my 2017 Micra S 5 speed I have to say 👋 goodbye. Unfortunately the Micra was damaged beyond repair in a accident in February. It was with great hesitation I purchased a Micra due to a relationship status change. I got out of Ford F150 four wheel drive crew cab and into a Micra. Was I ever wrong about the Micra. It had to of been one of the most reliable cars I've owned, inexpensive to operate and
    dependable. Fuel mileage was beyond belief. I usally ran
    5.3L- 5.6L per 100km as displayed on the cluster. Summertime banging 700 km out of a tank of fuel was possible and done it several times in the summer. I had a trailer hitch towing a 5x8 utility trailer hauling my quad and hauled wood for burning without trouble. I've looked at several vehicles and decided on the Nissan Kicks. Hopefully the Kicks will be just as good as the Micra. BTW has anyone noticed how much the Micras are selling for! I Nearly got what i paid for the Micra on retail value. Some used are selling for the value paid new. Wanted another Micra however Nissan discontinued our favorite car. Farewell my friends and fellow Micra owners, I bow out with admiration and salute you all.

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJ For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-29-2024)

Thanks

Wink

ouch

my daughter in process of buying kicks:

s have real handbrake--but rear drums

SV have electric parking brake and discs

all have spare tire!...toyota cross...noooo

direct injection engine, 2 per cylinder

no sunroof i can see on any model...+1

no stop start engine ...+1

daughter wants heated seats...at SV price it seems

there are weird smileys in this post i cannot change...sorry for your loss
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Sorry to see you leave our august Micra group......I too have fallen in love with my Micra.....and it has been incredibly reliable these past 3 years, and I would definately consider buying another if my own met a tragic end. Did you look on Car gurus?....there are lots for sale still in BC.....2019's on down.....but maybe a little harder to come buy on the East coast.....Anyways, good luck with your Kicks.....( I saw one out in a shopping mall today, a nice battleship grey, and I have to say, it looked very smart.) Cheers!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.0 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HammyJ View Post
    Sorry to see you leave our august Micra group......I too have fallen in love with my Micra.....and it has been incredibly reliable these past 3 years, and I would definately consider buying another if my own met a tragic end. Did you look on Car gurus?....there are lots for sale still in BC.....2019's on down.....but maybe a little harder to come buy on the East coast.....Anyways, good luck with your Kicks.....( I saw one out in a shopping mall today, a nice battleship grey, and I have to say, it looked very smart.) Cheers!

I have looked at a few Micras however the price on used right now is crazy stupid! Some used Micras are selling for near orginal retail price. There are a few used on the the east coast but not an abundance. Guess I can't complain especially since I got 98% of the sticker price + taxes as a insurance payout on the 2017 Micra that I owned for 6 years and had 120k on the odometer. Purchasing a model that is no longer made for several years also makes me think. I would have to purchase used over priced Micra and not knowing the service history is another X for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJ For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-31-2024)

Thanks
    I agree....You made the right decision....I purchased my 2019 Micra in 2021 at the height of covid with around 3K on the odometer. It was still under warranty, and the price was very fair at the time. In hindsight I could have shopped around and probably done better....but the dealer was able to help me find financing without loan shark rates....so I didn't look very hard. A new car under warranty at reasonable interest is the smart way to go....Good luck with your Kicks!....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.0 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Cool

I agree....You made the right decision....I purchased my 2019 Micra in 2021 at the height of covid with around 3K on the odometer. It was still under warranty, and the price was very fair at the time. In hindsight I could have shopped around and probably done better....but the dealer was able to help me find financing without loan shark rates....so I didn't look very hard. A new car under warranty at reasonable interest is the smart way to go....Good luck with your Kicks!....

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks ��

Thanks
    Thanks, but I'll miss my Micra I'm sure.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJ For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (04-01-2024)

Thanks
    Glad everyone is ok! Sorry for your loss but will you update us with a review on your new Nissan Kicks?
    2019 Micra S - 5-speed
    -Eibach Lowering Springs
    -HK Silent-Power Exhaust
    -Chassis Braces
    -Reinforced Engine & Trans Bushings

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    lol my daughter JUST bought a 2024 kicks so i am KLAIRESKICKS2024 on the kicks forum .....and i think i met MRJ there...kicks is kinda nice....only knife in the heart is the CVT.....eeeeeppp!

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!