Thread: Is it normal for the antiskid and ABS light to be on in the dashboard ?

Thanks

Is it normal for the antiskid and ABS light to be on in the dashboard ?

Hi, I had my rear brake done and not sure if this was on before, but now the antiskid and the ABS lights are always on. is that normal ?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    no, probably a wheel sensor got broken, or a wire got pulled during the brake job, maybe the sensor is just unplugged
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    no, probably a wheel sensor got broken, or a wire got pulled during the brake job, maybe the sensor is just unplugged
    Ok thanks, good to know. I noticed that my abs is not working because I had to brake quickly and the wheels just locked and slid. Usually, I could hear the ABS unlocking, doing its job. So I guess I will contact the garage monday to have them fix this. They screwed the job.

thanks a lot !

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My neighbour, with an identical 2016 to mine, just found out that a single tire down 1.5 lb pressure was enough to cause problems with the anit-skid function in his car.

Thanks
    they may or may not have screwed the job....i can guess THEIR opinion....its not the tire pressure (unless GROSSLY out) 1.5 psi is peanuts.....we don't even have a TMP system...no way 1.5PSI difference throws codes.....(in my opinion)
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I share the same thoughts. A 1.5lb difference shouldn't throw codes without another underlying issue. Not sure about 2016 on, but in 2015 TPMS wasn't even an option.

Thanks
    I had a similar problem yesterday. I had new Pirelli tires installed at Canadian Tire. The next day, my wife noticed the warning lights were on. I checked and they were the ABS and the Skid light. Also the spare tire was stored upside down and was rattling. We took the car back to CT. At that time the lights were not on, but they said:
    abs light was not on when we brought in - there was a stored code for the right rear wheel - the sensor is in the hub and cannot be accessed so no damage - also checked the wiring to the wheel and it is all good - cleared the code and light did not return . so no fault found at this time (nothing related to the tire job at least)

So for now, the lights are off.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to skill57 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-24-2023)

Thanks
    Get the fuses checked, esp. the one related to ABS; this is the easiest of all the troubleshooting steps involved in identifying the problem. A blown fuse can cause many severe symptoms / problems at times (happened with me a few years ago on my Ford Figo 1.5 L Diesel 2015).

First the ABS warning came up followed by three other warning lights incl. Check Engine and finally I lost the Power Steering - all caused by ONE blown fuse!

Somehow a wire or a sensor responsible for them to work normally got rattled and had caused the problem which got instantly fixed after I identified the problem myself, bought a 15 A fuse and got the bad fuse replaced.

I had used one if the horn fuses to get the power steering back on until I bought a replacement fuse.