Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: entire headlight replacement??? help pls!!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    like specter says....basically glue it back together ....try to get the 2 broken pieces close to each other...maybe remove bolt from broken piece...brace up against other piece and "glue" to be honest im not sure what glue would be best...maybe gorilla glue?

from the picture im not sure where she would drive the screw

what glue did you use....crazy glue i assume?
    Here is that fix about which I have written:

Name:  IMG20231208150308.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  89.6 KB

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spectre For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (12-13-2023),MrMicra2015 (12-13-2023)

Thanks
    literally drywall screws...a true dyi....short screws.....piece of ...leather.....thickplastic???u goood!!!

possibly i would have made a piece that screwed to the giant headlight and attached to original bolt in frame. 3 screws in headlight....giant tab.....screw to orig location
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 12-13-2023 at 12:36 AM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    literally drywall screws...a true dyi....short screws.....piece of ...leather.....thickplastic???u goood!!!

possibly i would have made a piece that screwed to the giant headlight and attached to original bolt in frame. 3 screws in headlight....giant tab.....screw to orig location
    That is indeed a thick piece of plastic holding things in their place

Although, I must give credit to my car electrician who had just the perfect thing for the DIY; we both agreed to use it as the fix! Haha

I should have spray painted those screws red to avoid them from rusting and for aesthetic reasons.

The method you suggested would probably do a much better job in such scenarios but I wanted a quick fix and this was quick.. I think it would help with in the OP's scenario perfectly!