Hey everyone! Let me start off by saying that I'm quite surprised to see a Micra Forums, honestly wasn't expecting to see one for your everyday commuter-mobile.

I got my Micra last June/July after the transmissions countershaft bearing in my Toyota Matrix let go. It wasn't until these last few months that I've actually started to love the Micra, I think its the fact that its hella small and my payments are a little ****ty (300/mo for 72mo). Insurance is relatively cheap for a "young driver" I'm 24, Fuel and Maintenance are pretty cheap as well. Being a backyard mechanic I will try to fix any issue myself before going to a shop, but can anybody tell me of common issues that I'd have to keep an eye on, that would be great.
OH is their any way that I can get a Temp Guage? I know Canadian tire sells them I'd just need to know where to put the sending unit

My Micra is a 2017 (s, sv, sr, xt, wrx, idk there's no badge or owners manual), it doesn't have fog lights but it does have ac and power windows, 5speed, Black. Any mods are purely cosmetic at this point but I'm not afraid to try and squeeze a little more power out of the little go-kart
Canadian Tire Mudflaps, Tinted Taillights w/ LED bulbs, 12 inch lightbar, and 2 Orange/White flood lights, and an attempt to blackout the chrome (poor prep so the paint is peeling)
God I hate chrome on these new cars, it looks great on my '85 Squarebody project, just not the Micra

Photos to come after work