Thread: Brakes gone mad and sluggish acceleration

Thanks

Brakes gone mad and sluggish acceleration

Hello all,

I have wanted to discuss these issues eagerly with you guys.

Car: Nissan Micra K13 1.2L F/L CVT XV (2013)

Fresh out of service center after a periodic service, my K13 feels like it got itself a new pair of wings as compared to before getting it serviced! As if fun isn't to be had for long, it gets sluggish real soon and before you know it, you're fighting against the car to get it to move faster - it screams a lot but does little work while gulping fuel as if it got dehydrated standing all day under burning sun!

Is it the tire pressure? No, they are at factory recommended pressures or better.
    Is it time for another periodic service? No, I got it out of a Nissan service center few weeks ago!

BRAKING:

Brakes get panicky, I do not - they randomly get jammed for a split second what feels like seconds when there are other vehicles closing in on you from behind! As the brake releases after shaking me a bit, it makes a small noise which resembles unsticking a metal from greasy surface. One would think service center guys are aware of such issues but they aren't. This problem exists no matter the brake pads and brake liner conditions, and I am not sure whether it is the rear drum brakes or the front disc brakes.

AIR INTAKE:

The air intake hose leading to the air filter box keeps leaving a huge gap by unplugging itself from the box hole. I have not delved deep in to this to identify whether the locking mechanism of the box is the problem or if it is the hose; I've secured the hose in its position with nylon cable ties for time being and it looks like its going to hold for some time until the heat does its thing on the nylon and forces it to snap.

ACCELERATION:

While driving, I have to floor the accelerator pedal to get the RPMs to rise in a couple of seconds to around 5K and only then does it suddenly realizes that I want to accelerate! Pushing the "Sport" button on the gear lever helps reduce that lag as it keeps the RPM close to power band and the car accelerates much better but drinks loads of petrol in the process (forget fuel economy).

It takes off from stand still quite alright when I do not push it hard. Although, there is a slight jerk when it moves from stand still which I am noticing since a few months now.

NOTE:
    The vehicle is 10 years old now and the gearbox oil's life is 1,00,000 Kms or 10 years. A service center tech informed me that changing the CVT oil at this point replenishes the car's performance greatly (about 50% better than now)!

Kindly let me know where to look first to fix the brake problem. Could the sluggish acceleration be directly related to the end of life gear oil or could it be something else too that is causing the problem as I have had this problem ever since I bought the vehicle?

Thanks
    did you just have the brakes serviced?...WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY back i had a toyota i replaced the front pads on and they jammed when you braked..it was the paint on them basically...ideally make sure pads/calipers ACTUALLY "float"....some filing solved the problem....its hard to say what your exact problem is
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I remember this happened even with new brake pads but I don't know whether the liners of the rear drum brakes were replaced. The car's due for another periodic service in a month or so and this time I'll have the service center guys replace the brake pads as they are functioning sub-optimally and also ask them to have a look at the condition of the drum brakes.

They found nothing wrong with the brakes the last two times I left the car for periodic servicing.

Would malfunctioning caliper pistons cause the lock up?? This issue is increasingly getting me worried.