Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED Headlight Installation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombies View Post
    I do a lot of night time driving and the halogens weren't cutting it, even Sylvania's higher priced set at CT. I was leary of switching to LED but came across this thread and it was very helpful understanding the process. I bought the same one's as you, Sylvania Zevo 9003/H4 from CT yesterday and read instuctions and installed in 10 min. I don't know the lumens but they're considerably brighter than halogen so far i'm impressed and wished i did it sooner. Now just hoping they're reliable. If not i will hold them to their warranty.
    Just curious, any issues with your DRL's after the install?

2019 Micra S - 5-speed
    -Eibach Lowering Springs
    -HK Silent-Power Exhaust
    -Chassis Braces
    -Reinforced Engine & Trans Bushings

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaszya View Post
    Just curious, any issues with your DRL's after the install?

Hi, If doing this option, you lose your DRL, or at least i have, maybe other models have them still, not sure. I have Micra S. I've been using the lights for a few days now and can confirm there's no errors in car. Not having DRL made me think of those little parking lights in there, I replaced those with Sylvania ZEVO 2825 LED mini bulb from CT. Also replaced side marker lights, noticed they were burnt out while i was in there. The new 2825 bulbs are very bright and I drive in daytime with those, depends on weather condition, just adds a little more safety. If the sun is blasting, not going to bother turning anything on. Cheers.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombies For This Useful Post:

Vaszya (02-03-2024)

Thanks
    I'm on my third set over the last number of years. The first set DRL's worked. They were cheap and only lasted about a year ($30 on Amazon). The second set DRL worked but one of them flickered at low RPM (sitting at a red light etc). They were also on the cheaper end, but the flickering bothered me when I could see the reflection in someone's bumper. I figured that would be annoying to oncoming traffic as well. The set I'm on now was a bit more expensive. About $75. The DRL do not work. Not sure what the difference is in all of them other than cost. Something in the built in CANBUS I assume. I did install factory fog lights, so I hooked them up to a switch, but wired them up to turn on/off with ignition so I use them as my DRL's.
    Another alternative is to leave the headlights on all the time. They turn off after a min when the car is turned off and turn on every time the car is turned back on.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

Vaszya (02-03-2024),Zombies (02-03-2024)