Thread: SR rear spoiler priced and part number found.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    5) Check the spoiler fits correctly, and that the outer grommets sit in the bracket holes properly. I had to loosen the bracket to spoiler nuts as I was out just a hair from the bracket meeting the grommet nicely.
    6) When you're happy with the fit, remove spoiler and hook up brake light connector, then peal the double sided tape on spoiler and then snap the spoiler into place securely. (I wiped the hatch with alcohol at the sticky tape contact areas)
    7) I'm sure the outer brackets are meant to be held with metric bolts, but I had some 1/4'' coarse laying around that the grommets accepted without complaint. Snug these up and then tighten the bracket to spoiler nuts if you loosened them previously.
    8) The finishing covers just snap into the brackets, hiding the ugliness.
    9) I painted the spoiler parts with Krylon satin black, (to match the other plastic bits... mirrors, door handles,wiper arm , moldings etc.) and used an entire can of Krylon clear in multiple coats.

Any questions, feel free to ask!
    John.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-07-2014),LilGeckos (10-12-2016),Nobuseri (02-06-2018),pilip948 (03-22-2016)