Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transmission cooling line leak

Thanks
    I told you jf414 is reliable. In my opinion rubber lines are better. Easy to replace. Cost of “repair” is amazingly low good for you. I was quoted around 400$ for oil change in dealership without pan removal and without filter replacement so you paid fraction of the cost making good decision to take to transmission shop. Plus quality of those shops are much higher than dealer would do cos they are doing transmission 8-10 hrs a day. For midpipe if u are sure u cant force them to repair under warranty then take to muffler repair shop :-) will be cheaper and with descent quality. Just pick the shop with good reviews in your area.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Plutus For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-31-2020)

Thanks
    Thanks, will look into it

Thanks
    Transmission is behaving itself, speg?

Did you get the exhaust fixed?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Transmission is behaving itself, speg?

Did you get the exhaust fixed?
    Transmission and line is great. Found a resonator pipe at my local wreckers off a newer car for $100 and used a split flange to replace the one that broke off at the muffler. So far so good..... thanks for all the help and advice!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Adding to this thread because i've just had this exact issue come up. 2015 w/164,000 kms. When doing an oil change the other week I noticed fluid on the driveway, got underneath and can clearly see the lower metal transmission cooler line leaking where it clips into the radiator.

Found the part online, around $120 from the dealer. Here's the part number- 21634-3HC3A (there's another line with a similar part number, 21633). This car is my daily driver and I don't have access to a driveway/shop space where I currently live, so I figured i'd take it somewhere and have them do it. Easy peasy right? Never taken my car to a shop in my current area, so I did extensive research to find a good reputable one. The place I wanted to go to is booking 2 weeks out and because I drive the car in toronto traffic, would rather not want to risk my cooler line blowing and losing the transmission.

Went against my judgement and thought well, I guess i'll try a good reviewed Canadian Tire since you can book online and get in and out fairly quickly. Surely they can't mess up changing 2 lines and doing a fluid service right? BOY was I wrong haha. I take it there, tell them exactly what I need. Guy calls me about 3hrs after dropping it off and says "yeah the tech says your transmission pan is rotted and leaking, and you'll need the 2 cooler lines going into it". I politely explain that I do most of the maintenance on the car, and that when I was underneath it I cleaned up the area and that the pan is fine, it's the fluid blowing onto it from driving.. Keep in mind the pan itself has some very minor surface rust, is not leaking whatsoever, and it's only the 1 lower cooler line that is starting to rust and leak. The guy says he'll check with the tech and get back to me. Calls me back and says "yeah the tech said if you want to leave you pan you can, for the 2 cooler lines we only found the parts with the dealer and they won't be in for another 3 days. For the 2 lines and a fluid service it'll be $663"... LOL so my BS detector is off the charts. Immediately went and picked up the car, crappy tire got $75 of my money to upsell me on stuff I didn't need.

Ended up booking an appointment with the other shop for April 26th, praying that they are honest. Family owned with good reviews, fingers crossed! Don't EVER take your micra to Canadian Tire for anything!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jwaynes For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (04-11-2023)