Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 45,000 KM Review of my Micra

Thanks

45,000 KM Review of my Micra

Year and a half and 45K km. Bought in 2019 January SV trim with 4speed AT with style package (aluminum rims + rear extended spoiler)

Done only oil changes at 8K intervals at dealer. Brake fluid change at 32k.

Got some squicky noise from rear drum breaks. Took both rear wheels out, then drum out, inspected everything was good. Lubricated adjuster, springs, and shoe plate contact points , sanded shoes and assembled back replacing only 30mm drum nut because its nylon 1 time use. After 2 days of driving noise came back. Its the ridge on the drums that when shoes are touching is kinda catching it and making annoying noise. Checked both sides adjusters working properly, breaks are working properly. Will live with that stupid noise till brake service may be at 100-150k.

Im driving mostly on hwy cruising speed 120-140. Very zippy car acceleration is amazing. The only thing i didnt like so far is windshield design and unprotected radiator. Angle of the windshield is making easier to catch stones from the trucks right into it compared to other cars with sharper angle. Radiator grille holes are pretty wide so stones are getting there very easy. Have to avoid driving Behind trucks at all cost.

Also found out that at mid speeds (80-100km/h) car is feeling side wind more than at higher speeds (120-140).

Driving with AC on is taking too much juice from the engine and you can feel it especially when accelerating to pass someone.

Radio reception very poor compared to my other cars.

AT behaves great so far with strong locking at 3-2 gears so im not using brakes that much its downshifting and holding properly. Planning to change fluid at 50-60k km with double partial changes without filter change. Its jatco jf414e even though nissan states that its fill for life and even took a dipstick out and replaced with assess hole plug i am sure fluid must be changed at 40-60k km.

So far im very happy with this car.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Plutus For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (01-26-2021),MetroMPG (09-30-2020),MrMicra2015 (09-30-2020),Vaszya (02-20-2023)

Thanks
    Awesome review! Bought mine in Oct 2019, almost a year old! I agree for the wind issue on the highway, it gotten so annoying for me that I bought a lowering spring kit to lower the center of gravity of the car and it did the trick, my Micra feels more planted to the ground and wind doesn't push the car around as much, I am curious how it will handle this winter.

Thanks
    With 4 aggressive tread winter tires it will make you think you are driving APC ( armored personnel carrier). Traction control works amazingly well kicking in at the right time. Just point the hood where you want it to go and it will do it without any hustle. Because its so light ( less than a ton) its very hard to burry it in the snow. Plus the height of the frame from ground makes it easier to work your way out.
    Windshield wiper design is pretty cheap so that will be annoying problem they are getting clogged with snow and freezing very easy.
    Also as stock aluminum rims are very light even slight ice buildup on one side will make the wheel out of balance. Im always cleaning them before driving on hwy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Plutus For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (09-30-2020)

Thanks
    Great review, Plutus!

You should make a garage entry:
    Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutus View Post
    Radiator grille holes are pretty wide so stones are getting there very easy. Have to avoid driving Behind trucks at all cost.
    Might be worth doing this:

Thread: Radiator & condenser coil protection

screen

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Good idea

Thanks
    eight thumbs up...i have to do that got some 1/2" wire mesh for the rats at home depot (not for the rats at homedepot ..MY rats.... mesh from HD )...should do the trick with leftover....rats relocated..havaheart traps FYI...little loves!......when we drop them off though daughter says we are robbin a bank...screechin tires...masks....etc....its a show ....LOL
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    110k km review.

Regular oil changes 0w-20 at 8k intervals.
    Regular partial automatic transmission oil changes (2L approximately) every 30k km.
    Regular brake fluid flush every 2 years.
    Changed front brake pads and rotors at 60k.

All hitch pins, electrical connectors etc regularly lubricating twice a year.

Front brake service (disassembly, cleaning and lubrication) once a year.

Tire rotation every 16k km.

Air filter replacement approximately 20k km.

Cabin filter replacement once every 2 years.

And thats it no other work is needed or has been done so far.

Cruising speed on hwys 130-140kmh.

Winter warmup 5-10mins.

Car is going strong no complaints.

Didnt touch battery or any wirings.

So far so good no complaints.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plutus For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-02-2023),Vaszya (02-20-2023)

Thanks
    Thanks for the update!

You really love your car!... You've cared for it more then what I've done on my 2019

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vaszya For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-02-2023)

Thanks
    Wow 130 140 on the hwy, in my mind would be waiting for the boom

My standard at 100kph is already hitting 3thousand rpm