Thread: My SR auto test drive. very impressed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

My SR auto test drive. very impressed

I had a chance to get my butt into an sr auto this week. I have to say, its a super fun car. From the looks, to the drive. I was having a blast. Took a while to get the seat adjusted to me to be comfortable. After that was done, it was all good.

Coming from my lifted JK unlimited, I felt like I was driving a go kart in the micra. Here is my list of positives and negatives.

Positives,

Great power - I was expecting a lethargic drive as I am numbed by the 200-300 hp cars in our stable all ready. This is not the case, and I should have known better, my 96 civic had 106 hp and that was a zippy little car.

Interior appointments - The SR has pretty well every creature comfort to be very comfortable. the only thing Its missing is the choice to add Sirius radio....see negative.

Handling - Coming from my jeep JK unlimited, the handing of the micra is go kart like. very sharp and direct, without being twitchy. I was impressed. The ride is not harsh at all either. good job Nissan.

Negatives,

NO SIRIUS in the radio, not even the option to get it. Come on, its 2014, this should not be not offered in ANY vehicle. It would not increase the cost of the car on the lot, just give me the option to put it in there!.

the 16" wheels look tooooo small on the car. 17" would be a much better choice for the SR.

the rear doors are very close to the seating position when closed. I am going to have to swap out to a booster seat instead of a full seat for my son.

Road noise is up a bit compared to our mazda 5. Im guessing Nissan left out some insulation in the floor and body as a cost saving measure. Easily fixed with some dynamat.

Overall this car is a great commuter. We are placing our order and putting down our deposit this week on our white with red SR auto. Then, once home, let the modding begin to make it a mini mini!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kojack For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-15-2014)