Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeing an SR Micra for parts soon, anyone need anything?

Thanks
    Looks great! Gotta love junkyard finds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    NICE FIND

Thanks
    Thanks for finding this! I noticed it still had the original radio from the photos you posted, so I stopped by to find that the OEM radio was still there! And it's 2 years newer than the one in mine (manufactured in 2016 instead of 2014). I can finally replace that old clunker and hopefully the radio swap fixes the cold start issues I was having with the old one and maybe it'll stop erasing my presets and settings! I won't be able to test that until next winter though, since the old radio only had issues under 5 degrees Celsius. The radio is also mint and unscratched, though the brackets were rusted from the cabin being exposed to the elements, so I changed those out with my OEM ones. Holding onto my old radio for now just in case something goes bad within the next while. But this definitely saved me a lot of cash (Cost me $25 at the scrap yard, while I was quoted $1000+ for aftermarket at a custom shop and dealer quoted $800+ for OEM). And everything lines up with the steering wheel controls, Bluetooth module, and backup camera!
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  90.9 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  86.5 KB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to My Micra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-06-2020)

Thanks
    Ha - that's great. Funny to see multiple forum members snagging parts off the same junked car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Awesome, glad my useless trip wasn't useless for others!

I still need that darn cargo cover (as well as other things too) I might have found a cargo cover in the Ottawa area that can be shipped to me in Toronto but I hate buying things used when I can't see them in person. It also looks dirty from the pictures they sent me so I don't know if it's worth it/ can it be cleaned up enough.