Thread: Tough Cold Starts

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Tough Cold Starts

I have a 2016 Micra SR. When it is cold in the morning it is hard to start. It will start and then stall just after running. Crank again and will start and stay running with very low idle. Only does this once in morning and then it is good all day. Is like it is loosing fuel pressure somewhere overnight. Anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks
    Turn off your radio and then put the key into the "on" position without starting the car. You should hear the fuel pump turn on to prime and pressurize the system.

Thanks
    Sometimes....about once every 2 months mine is "hard to start".....but it always does...i put it down to normal, but its a bit off putting in a new car
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Aaron GE View Post
    Turn off your radio and then put the key into the "on" position without starting the car. You should hear the fuel pump turn on to prime and pressurize the system.
    Ya thanks. I have tried that and the pump starts and pressurizes before cranking. No change..