Thread: Sentra/Versa CVT Extended Warranty

Thanks

Sentra/Versa CVT Extended Warranty

http://www.sentraversacvtsettlement.com/

Personally I think Nissan should have to increase the warranty to 10Yr/120K warranty like they did on the older model CVT's. They've known for years these transmissions are problematic yet they do nothing about it. Any car should last a minimum of 100K miles without a major component failure so that's the absolute minimum they should be held responsible for repairs/replacement especially on an extended warranty. I owned a car with over 500K miles on it that never had an engine or transmission rebuild/replacement and have had other cars with over 200K and many cars with over 100K miles. My Versa has a CVT. I haven't had any problems with it but 17.8K miles isn't enough miles to make me very comfortable with the transmission yet. Some may ask why I bought a car with the CVT if I was concerned about the longevity of them and the reason is I bought this car on short notice and didn't do my homework before making the purchase.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Versa SV automatic: 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.3 mpg (Imp) ... 21.4 km/L ... 50.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Nissan's CVT's have hurt their reputation, deservedly so.

I always advise friends/family to avoid vehicles with belt & pulley CVT's if they're (A) buying an older, used vehicle, or (B) planning to keep a new vehicle for a long time.

I just steered my sister away from a Mitsubishi RVR (I think you call them Outlander Sport in the US) for that reason.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have a 2017 Sentra. Before I purchased the car I knew they had a high rate of CVT failure. So I decided I would change the fluid and/or filters soon even though though it only had about 45,750km on it when I bought it and watch youtube videos to learn the exact process. I ended watching a video where the owner had a little over 270,000 km on his ORIGINAL CVT and all he had done do it in term of maintenance was change the only the fluid 3 times. And 3 fluid changes over 270k km is certainly a normal interval. As well, the salesperson told me the people who come in complaining that the car broke so soon are young guys who beat on them.
    SO, in conclusion, if you don't abuse your Nissan CVT and change the fluid and filters as needed, the will last.