Quote Originally Posted by tomcj2 View Post
That is quite a price difference when quoted as price per litre, but in reality you saved only $3.20, less than a medium mocha latte at Tim Horton's.
I noticed that you tend to stop fueling at an even number of litres; that is OK, but your fuel economy data may not be accurate when only one fill-up is considered. For example, if you had put in an extra 1/2 litre (about the amount in that Timmy's latte) your fuel economy would change from 7.9 to 8.1 l/100km.
If you try to fill the tank to the same level each time (until it "clicks" off for example) and post every fill-up you will have accurate data when viewed overall.
Only 5 members have used the Fuel Economy Log in 2019. You have the best results.
I filled up yesterday only because I saw the gas station with the cheaper gas. Usually would never stop while gas tank still that full.

My fuel economy log is "off" a bit because there has been a gap when I just added $10 or so dollars because I knew I would be in a cheaper gas location the next day..... so it's been a while since I filled up to the top.

My results are also skewed because I did a 2300 km road trip in May. That represents driving to the Kootenays in BC to catsit for my daughter. Most of my driving is in and around Victoria..... and I usually have averaged 7 to 7.5 by my own calculations over the past several years.

Generally not unhappy with my gas mileage since getting the car 5 years ago. The highway driving results have been a very happy bonus! :-)