Thread: LED kit from Superbrightleds questions.

Thanks

LED kit from Superbrightleds questions.

Hey everyone.

I found this LED kit on Superbrightleds.com for the Micra. Is this one of those plug & play kits? With LED being in the stock housing, does it shoot light everywhere like the Hid's do that are not in a retrofit? Do they have issues in a Canadian winter since that it can get down to the -40's at times? Will they fit with that dust cap at the end or would it would have to be modified. I am looking for feedback since that I don't know anything about headlights, only putting Piaa's in and that's it. If it's going to shoot light everywhere like HID's do then I won't bother.

Any help is appreciated.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...57&scc_id=1398

Thanks
    I would love to know too, I absolutely HATE HID lights. To me they're more unsafe then less light as they basically blind the drivers in front of you and coming in the other direction. Bothers me they haven't been reviewed for safety by the MTO.
    Micra Meets: Mosport '18

Car Girls FTW.

Interior mods only right now.

Thanks
    I put these in another micra, they are plug and play. The rubber boot doesn't need to be modified, but it does take some strength to push the bulb deep enough to seat (it's water tight after all). No idea on winter yet but shouldn't cause issue, they're LED... they might be a bit dim until they warm. Light projection is the same pattern as stock, just 4 times brighter. You can accidentally install them upside down, that will make your headlights wacky.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...