Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To buy or not to buy (Micra vs. Corolla, 84 month term)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Well. I vastly prefer the micra exterior and interior to the hard/cheap plastics in the corolla. Plus, if you have a trade or any kind of down payment, the difference gets even nicer for the Micras case.

Also, Short wheelbase, awesome power/weight ratio = super fun. I've hooned around the micras we have and it's absolutely brilliantly fun to drive. The fact that it also happens to be cheaper is icing on the cake.

To me, The micra isn't about being the cheapest car in Canada which is what everyone is focused on. If you have nothing down, you can term a hyundai at 96 months at 0% and that will work out cheaper for you. But the difference is quality, how fun and useable the micra is, etc.. I just love it. Look at the Mirage at the same price? It's not a hard decision.

If someone was giving me my choice of car, Hyundai accent, Corolla or Micra with similar options, I'd take the micra all day long. That's said having driven each car on highway and in spirited ways. Price aside, I still view the micra as simply a better value.

Thanks
    All cars are scams...even lamborghinis and Ferraris are made to maximize profits and reduce building costs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to en3rg1e For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (05-22-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nintu View Post
    To me, The micra isn't about being the cheapest car in Canada which is what everyone is focused on. If you have nothing down, you can term a hyundai at 96 months at 0% and that will work out cheaper for you. But the difference is quality, how fun and useable the micra is, etc.. I just love it. Look at the Mirage at the same price? It's not a hard decision.
    Exactly. It's not about how cheap it is; it's the entire package, and on that the Micra delivers in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by nissan owner View Post
    If someone was giving me my choice of car, Hyundai accent, Corolla or Micra with similar options, I'd take the micra all day long. That's said having driven each car on highway and in spirited ways. Price aside, I still view the micra as simply a better value.
    Not just a better value, but also the more awesome car. This guy reminds me of the people who go on the Internet, look up some numbers, do some grade 2 math, and figure that people are crazy for buying the Smart ForTwo when, for the same price, they could buy, say, a Toyota Corolla (duh). Yet, people still buy the Smart ForTwo over the Corolla, much to this character's chagrin.
    Last edited by AlphaMicra; 05-22-2014 at 07:22 PM.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Can't really compare a Micra to a Corolla if you ask me...they are two totally different cars. Like zippy tried with his Elantra, It's just a different car.

Better to compare the Micra to a Yaris,Mirage,Fiesta,Spark,Fit,Mazda2 etc...

If you'd rather a Corolla, that's fine... compare that with Sentra, Elantra whatever...
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Banned
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks