Thread: DIY: Nissan Micra OEM rear parcel shelf install (cargo cover)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

DIY: Nissan Micra OEM rear parcel shelf install (cargo cover)

Hi,

I purchased an OEM rear parcel shelf and hooks from the dealership and thought I'd share a few pictures of the install.
    I know people will ask how much I paid, so... $185.95 for the shelf, $7.86/ea for the two hooks and $24.20 in tax for a total of $225.87.
    I know that seems like a lot and for what you get and it almost certainly is, but I live downtown Vancouver right in the city.
    In BC it's a $300 deductible each time your car gets broken into, so I see the purchase as a deterrent that might save me a few bucks, or maybe several hundred.
    Plus there's the hassle of busted windows, repair shops, etc., etc... If the rear hatch area is covered, it's out of sight, out of mind for the criminal element (hopefully).
    Installing the shelf is really easy, just unpack it, click it in place and attach the strings to the hooks.
    Installing the hooks in the hatch is actually the semi-fussy part...
    Nissan has placed round black stickers over the cutouts for the parcel tray hooks which peel off pretty easily to reveal the mounting holes.
    Be careful and go slow when removing the stickers or you'll get sticker goo left over on the hatch and it's a PITA to clean off (ask me how I know...).
    The hooks easily click into the holes if they're the right way up (hook/post at the top - see pic).
    If you've got them upside down, I promise you they won't fit and trying to jam them in won't help - Luckily they're stronger than they look and can apparently take a minor beating...
    Anyway, that's all there is to it. If there are any questions, please ask.

Hook P/N: 79916-D1000
    Shelf P/N: 3N3N3-1HK0A

Enjoy the pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images           

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shrugsarefree For This Useful Post:

Kristie (08-12-2021),LilGeckos (10-27-2019),MetroMPG (03-21-2018),NotASportsCar (03-18-2019),ontario_micra (05-28-2018),Pete (03-16-2018)