Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First post here ... base model S with air conditioning?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'll use my 5k I saved. Then in 3 years I'll buy a true and tested turbo/sc kit thats on the market hopefully around 3k then use the rest on a slightly used wheel and tire package and a slightly lower set up. This car running 160hp would be a pretty sweet little car.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome, magoo.

As you see, you're outta luck getting the manual transmission "S" with AC.

Similarly, you can't buy a base manual Mitsu Mirage or a base manual Chevy Spark with AC. (And probably a bunch of other entry level cars too.... they lure you in with the base price, then upsell you to the higher trim with the "must have" features!)

I live in eastern Ontario, so can't comment on your weather (or your tolerance for heat), but only one of my many cars has ever had A/C. My current one doesn't. This is my "air conditioning":

Attachment 287

They don't drop the air temp, but they make you more comfortable by getting you off the insulating fabric/foam seat.

I put mine in the car for about 3 weeks each summer.

That thing looks like it would be uncomfortable haha. I'd give it a try tho. Honestly this car isn't worth buying if it isn't the base. Otherwise i'm all for it. I like the simplicity, less **** to break.

And no I do not mind.

Thanks
    Uncomfortable? Thousands of taxi drivers can't be wrong!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Possibly more effective than the beaded seat covers... but somewhat less practical

Who Needs Air Conditioning When You’ve Got Ice-Cold Water Running Through Your Shirt?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Uncomfortable? Thousands of taxi drivers can't be wrong!
    I think you're on to something.

Thanks
    Actually, I seriously don't get all the fuss about AC.
    Living in Canada most of us complain for 8 months of the year that it's too cold, and then BAM! the first day over 25° we all have something new to complain about

You all have your seasons mixed up. Free AC all winter. Free heat all summer.

Looking forward to every single hot, humid, sweaty day that summer throws at us.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-09-2014),Pete (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    I haven't complained once about the heat in Canada since living for a little while in the Cayman Islands.

That'll put things in perspective!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    First post here, Interested in these little micras. But I would only want to get a base model. Living here in Southern Ontario. The summers are insanely hot and humid. Does anybody know if you can get AC with a base, 5 speed manual?

Thanks
    Actually mine is a "very" base 5 spd, but with factory A/C added, no air bags, no ABS, or anything else. The car is called March Active, sold in Mexico. It has a radio tossed in for the added cost of the A/C as a bonus...The A/C is appreciated especially when caught in traffic driving in Guadalajara.

Name:  WP_20150911_10_53_48_Pro.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  94.7 KB
    Last edited by Ajijic; 09-11-2015 at 12:00 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajijic View Post
    Actually mine is a "very" base 5 spd, but with factory A/C added, no air bags, no ABS, or anything else. The car is called March Active, sold in Mexico. It has a radio tossed in for the added cost of the A/C as a bonus...The A/C is appreciated especially when caught in traffic driving in Guadalajara.

Name:  WP_20150911_10_53_48_Pro.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  94.7 KB
    So it stands to reason that with those parts from mexico you could add A/C to a canadian model, or use a versa A/C.

But so far there has been maybe 14 days that ive thought wow its kinda hot. And thats not worth $3k.
    At the same time, those hot days would have felt even hotter if I spent all day inside an A/C filled house and car then stepping into the wall of heat/humidity.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    You want to have the A/C factory installed, not dealer installed, since the results may not be favourable. It seems that there are many versions of the March/Micra for various markets, i.e. Canada vs Mexico.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...