Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: My New Micra (Red Alert SV automatic, Hamilton)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    You WASH your cars? Personally, I prefer my cars to have nice thick protective layer of grime.
    I wunder if people are like you Aftica and have a layer of grime on their Micra so I can't see them. Over five weeks since I have had my Micra and never seen one yet. Do they only come out at night on roads that don't have lights so I can't see them? May be that they are far away looking for Blinker Fluid.

Last edited by Antruby; 06-11-2014 at 09:54 PM.
    Antruby (Rose) My blog is Antruby.com
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antruby View Post
    I wunder if people are like you Aftica and have a layer of grime on their Micra so I can't see them. Over five weeks since I have had my Micra and never seen one yet.
    hehehe I can hardly see mine in the driveway! It's starting to take on a real nice Urban Patina. A few bullet holes, a little graffiti, and I'm invisible anywhere.

I have not seen a single Micra driving around either.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Really? 4.3 would be astonishingly good!

How fast do you typically cruise on the highway?
    Never seen 4.3 since. Last five full tanks have been 5.4Name:  100_6929.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  89.4 KB
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Thanks
    Wow! Six weeks today since I got the new Micra and already six thousand klm. That was 352.01 L for 6000 klm. Plus the full tank from the dealer.
    Last edited by Antruby; 06-16-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks
    Wow - that's a lot of driving. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you lease the car... isn't there a cost for going over km?!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Woo, Antruby is packing on the kilometers. I'm glad to hear the Micra is treating you well and you're loving it. Thanks for all the updates.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Wow - that's a lot of driving. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you lease the car... isn't there a cost for going over km?!
    This is true and less for Micra.(80,000 for Micra but it was 96,000 for Rogue) Car is so good I might just buy it at the end of lease.

Thanks
    Wow! Six weeks today since I got the new Micra and already six thousand klm. That was 352.01 L for 6000 klm. Plus the full tank from the dealer.
    If we dismiss the first tank, that works out to 5.9L/100km. If we add in 41L, it's around 6.55L/100km, except you didn't burn through all 41L. My guess is that you're probably averaging somewhere around 6.3L/100km. Way better than the EPA estimates, but there's definitely something wrong with how the Micra calculates average mileage.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    If we dismiss the first tank, that works out to 5.9L/100km. If we add in 41L, it's around 6.55L/100km, except you didn't burn through all 41L. My guess is that you're probably averaging somewhere around 6.3L/100km. Way better than the EPA estimates, but there's definitely something wrong with how the Micra calculates average mileage.
    I started with a full tank from the dealer and put 352.01L in after 6,000 Km (That was filled to the top again after the 6,000 Km)

Thanks
    I started with a full tank from the dealer and put 352.01L in after 6,000 Km (That was filled to the top again after the 6,000 Km)
    So, 5.9 then. We can dismiss the first tank if you filled it and include that to the total amount you put in along with the mileage at that point. Very nice.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...