Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Want to buy a Micra, is it loud @ 120km/h?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
    just turn the radio on!
    haha I knew this commentwas coming. I love how it's some ppl's solution to any weird noise. But don't worry, I do listen to music to try and forget about this lil annoyance and hopefully I will get used to it. Still not over the fact that Nissan who tried to save pennies by not putting a usb plug that read mp3 on a flash drive. Are we really in 2016 ?!!!

Don't get me wrong though, beside that, I love the car!!

Thanks
    I can literally hear the difference in the texture of the road at slow speeds from street to street in my neighborhood. This is a spectacular lack of sound proofing. Some times turn off the radio... listen to the road surface on road trips. Why are you looking at me like that?

(Not kidding)

Thanks
    Your wheel quality, all season / winter tire made a difference in noise too! The Firestone tire from Nissan isn't good and will transfer more road noise. Try replacing your tire to quality brand or winter tire.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wark View Post
    Your wheel quality, all season / winter tire made a difference in noise too! The Firestone tire from Nissan isn't good and will transfer more road noise. Try replacing your tire to quality brand or winter tire.
    That s a good point. But for me it isn't a problem, just a fact. If someone was very concerned about a noisy cabin the Micra probably would be a bad choice.

Thanks
    I do like the sound the engine make when you start it up, sounds a bit like a growl.
    I think the fact that it is a hatchback also contributes to some of the cabin noise.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carorules View Post
    haha I knew this commentwas coming. I love how it's some ppl's solution to any weird noise. But don't worry, I do listen to music to try and forget about this lil annoyance and hopefully I will get used to it. Still not over the fact that Nissan who tried to save pennies by not putting a usb plug that read mp3 on a flash drive. Are we really in 2016 ?!!!

Don't get me wrong though, beside that, I love the car!!
    My radio (Mexican purchase) has an SD card built into the radio for the music files. Works well, however without a display one has to search for the song since there is no way to find it otherwise.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Took a few small cars up the QE2 (South of Edmonton, AB) where you can get them up to 130K/MH. By far the Nissan Micra was quieter than any of them. The Toyota Corolla - OMG that car like Scion's, as they have nothing for sound deadening. Did not try the Chevy as I skipped it. Good luck with yours.
    Last edited by GreatWhite; 11-21-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks
    stock tires mine purrs at 120

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I will take a nissan over a chevy product any day. Im at 3200 kms driven and of course this micra is nowhere close to as quiet as my crashed 2005 mercedes c55. I did however pick up the SR so the options of back up camera, etc was all there. I love my SR its costed me $275 in 2.5 months to fuel instead of $600.

Thanks
    You guys do realize you're driving Canada's cheapest subcompact car, not a luxury vehicle, right? Yes, there's engine/road noise at highway speeds. Having driven many cars I wouldn't say it's significantly worse than average. I know it's unrealistic in this segment but I just wish there was a sixth gear so the rpms weren't so high on long cruises.

First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV