Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No acceleration??!!! RESOLVED

Thanks
    Woah.. I just went through my service manual on this thing. Ok.. Not like the old cars at all.

So when you turn the headlights to "ON" and of course all the lights, its like pressing a key on a keyboard. The signal is sent to the BCM which hands it over to the IPDM after deciding if that is a good idea or not. The IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module) then opens the appropriate relay. So if the incorrect resistance was applied to the circuit, it would give a bad signal to the relay, or if there would be a short then any signal and power would dump to ground.

Keep in mind, this is a computer chip we are talking about, So yes the fuse that is in line will prevent a fire, you might only need a few milliamps of short to go down the line to cook it. Fuse #46 handles this, and its rated to 10A. 10A is a lot of juice if it goes the wrong way.

So it looks like it has gooned the IPDM E/R. IPDM E/R controls the following circuits: (According to PCS-28 In the service manual)

- Fuel pump
    - Starter
    - Front wiper motor
    - Cooling fan
    - AC Relay
    - Tail lamp relay
    - Head lamp relay

And it takes its orders from:

-BCM
    -ECM
    -Combination meter (headlamp, turn signal and wiper control levers, instruments and guages)

There is a comminication system the mechanic can use to look into it, you can too.

Long story short. I think that the tail lights or wiring have shorted, and caused damage to the IPDM. Ipdm sends a fault to ECM, BCM, And control meter, kicks into fail-safe.

Everything on carputers (pun intended) is like typing on a keyboard. It used to be that when you press a button on your dash, that goes to a relay that opens the circuit-not anymore. Push a button and that goes to the BCM computer, the bcm, instructs the other computer to do it, or dont do it, that other computer tells the IPDM to open or close a relay accordingly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (07-21-2016),IMPUL (05-14-2016),L1ghtninchris (05-14-2016),LilGeckos (05-14-2016),micrapolis (05-16-2016),Pete (05-15-2016),Wynter (05-14-2016)

Thanks
    complicated stuff for me.

Just waiting til monday to see what happens.

Thanks
    Pretty complex system for a simple car. People wonder why they cost so much to fix and why they break down so easily.

Thanks
    I agree. Im trying to figure out why they would use such a complicated system. The only thing i can imagine is so that they only have to make one base harness for all trim levels then optional modules plug into the harness. But this canbus setup is fairly common in modern vehicles with all the features like airbags (6 in our car) abs, traction control, electronic everything. Heck even the steering is electric. Id say you use less relays. But you dont. Maybe less switches? Not really. Easier to diagnose faults? Yeah if you have the computer...

Really the only thing you save is a bit of wire as you send different signals down the same wire but in the end it just makes it harder for the backyard mechanics to fix.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

There should be a better fail safe if that component is so critical

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I wish I knew about this on the weekend. I met the guy who nissan dispatches to the dealerships when they are stumped on something. He actually advanced my timing three degrees wirelessly from about thirty feet away. Keep us posted please.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (05-15-2016)

^^^ so much want. He connected to the car wirelessly ??! Are cars can do that? I want that device. But I bet I can't buy it even if I want to... ..
    That guy is what I consider a "real technician" not these oil changing wrench monkeys most dealers have in the shop.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Pete (05-16-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I wish I knew about this on the weekend. I met the guy who nissan dispatches to the dealerships when they are stumped on something. He actually advanced my timing three degrees wirelessly from about thirty feet away. Keep us posted please.
    he advanced ur timing three degress?? what was wrong with ur car that needed that done?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    ^^^ so much want. He connected to the car wirelessly ??! Are cars can do that? I want that device. But I bet I can't buy it even if I want to... ..
    That guy is what I consider a "real technician" not these oil changing wrench monkeys most dealers have in the shop.
    Me too. Most of them are just parts changers. Throw parts at it until it works again.

Thanks
    ya i heard thats what they do. They swap parts out until it fixes the problem then tell the customer whats wrong and ring up a bill