Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a white Micra SR

Thanks

Just bought a white Micra SR

Traded my old Yaris for it. Preferred Mirage, but wife has last say.

(Nothing technical) After test driving both the Micra and Mirage, i must say Micra drives is closer to the Yaris than the Mirage. While I prefer the Mirage's look, trunk, and fuel efficiency. The Mirage does feels a bit "fragile"... Since it's her first car, i let her pick Micra. I will pick up an used Mirage next year

Will be picking up the new Micra on Wednesday. Bought from Nissan dealership at Pointe-Claire.
    They are proposing those options and gadgets, what are you opinions on them?:
    Amerigarde anti-rust: 600$
    Remote starter: 700$
    Extended warranty: 5 years/60k km 1242$

Comments on the dealership: This is the first time i buy a new car, and i wasn't expecting to be locked inside a room with a "finance manager" who will try to sell you many options/products and talk non-stop.

I feel pressurized and i have to say the marketing technique is far from desired. The extended warranty for example: he would show you a huge page of paper, with hundreds of parts in small characters that an average Joe has no idea what they are... then he would emphasize how the plan would protect you from bumper to bumper, and you have nothing to worry about. Never once, mentioned what is not included... 1 thing that angers me is when they tried to talk me out of Mirage, they said the Nissan warranty is better than the 10 years of Mitsu. Mitsu offers 10 years because their cars suck... etc... then once i signed the papers, they start saying that the Nissan warranty is not that good, and i should never leave the dealership without buying the "extended" warranty... ... seriously? Fool me once...

Another complaints is on the price of those options and gadgets... when he emphasize that he is offering a "one in a life time" special on those items, and if i buy them later, it will be more expensive... i called the shop anonymously the next day, and asked them to quote for the starter remote and Americgarde anti-rust as if I wants to apply them for a Micra that i bought from another dealer... the price given to me were exactly the same as what he offered... fool me twice...

Last complaint, for the F.P.Q. #5 "Assurance de remplacement"... , he asks me what is my current insurer, and then immediately told me that the insurer doesn't offer this... i m not expert in insurance, I am sure that there's lots of competition with insurers, and I have some previous problems with Industriel Alliance, so i don't want anything to do with IA... Again, he insisted that i should never leave the dealership without that insurance, and i couldn't find better price elsewhere... the next day, i called my insurer up, the same policy was offered to me 300$ cheaper... Fool me 3 times..

For any new buyers out there, don't take anything they offer you as they say on the spot. Ask for the pamphlets, read them, and do some research yourself...

Final car price: full cash, 14600$ tax inc for my Micra SR and 4 winter tires... this is after the trade-in of 3500$.

Sorry for long rants and thanks for reading.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to micra2080 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    some dealers are better than other, I don't had problem with mine but I buy them a car they don't sell it to me. I tell them I want this and that, that way! OK? I sign take the car good bye! sometime when car saler think you know nothing abour car they treat you like ****! 700$ for a remote starter!!!!! gold plated I presume!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by palourde77 View Post
    some dealers are better than other, I don't had problem with mine but I buy them a car they don't sell it to me. I tell them I want this and that, that way! OK? I sign take the car good bye! sometime when car saler think you know nothing abour car they treat you like ****! 700$ for a remote starter!!!!! gold plated I presume!
    exactly, while i don't know the on-going price of a remote starter, but i certainly remember seeing it on Canadian tires flyers for half of that price.. . What I am saying is that, if you don't have much experience like me, you are better off reject those options, do your researches and go back if you absolutely need them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    you are better off reject those options, do your researches and go back if you absolutely need them.
    Agreed, same with the warranty. Good decision.

Also, I believe annual or semi-annual anti-rouille is better than a one-time dealership service. If you are planning to keep this car a long time, rust is always an issue.

Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Micra2080

The 'got' me also:

Ext. warranty: $1315. plus tax for 84 months/60K
    Rust protection: a module that hooks up to the battery. I hummed and hawed over the cost, so they 'threw' in the paint protection: $999.

When all was said and done, plus snows on rims, it was just shy of $18K, minus $935 'discounts'. Add $250. the dealer put on my account for service credits, for the dent, chip and scratch I saw AFTER I got the car home. Marks are still visible.

Next time, I'd do things differently, no warranty and no module. Live and learn, it was my first car purchase.

Enjoy your white Micra! It was a toss up between white and magnetic grey, which won.

Thanks
    Well Wynter, i m glad that i am not only one that get ripped off by dealership. I should have gotten the SV and add the spoiler myself, now that i saw the spoiler can be added separately, and it can be painted white...

after all, the spoiler was the reason why i took SR over SV... bummer.. I still dream about Mirage...

Thanks
    They got me on the wheel locks and nitrogen on the tires. As well as the vehicle etching. Every vehicle on the lot had it done.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Micra2080: I'm sorry you got ripped off also and didn't get your Mirage. I personally like the Micra's look over Mirage, and 4 cylinders versus 3.

I could have put the warranty money towards the SV for the power locks as manual on the Micra are a nuisance (with passengers), compared to my Toyota I traded in. The marks that were 'repaired' 2 times and are still visible - I'm 'dealing' with. I did call Nissan head office and voiced many complaints.

Dealer said had I noticed the marks before driving away, they'd have given me a different car. He offered to strip the paint on all 4 doors (2 were affected) but said the paint isn't factory and could fade and not blend. I declined. If they rust, that's plan B.

The salesman said he'll get me a deal for being a first time buyer. I paid cash, he gave me $500. off and since we started the order with a white car, then I changed my mind (typical woman!), he said, grey costs more, but we'll charge you 'white' paint. Saving $135. I should have asked for the winter mats for buying snows on rims and of course the salesman ordered Yokohama tires, they cost the most. No regret buying those though.

Icing on the cake: the sale in January (I bought mine mid December) was $500 more off their $1,500 discount. That bites!!!

Finding this forum got me excited about my car again. IF my car doesn't require repairs while under warranty, I will get 25% back (in 7 years), and if it does and exceeds the cost, I'll feel better. I'll be really happy when my old/new personalized plates arrive and to get my 2 M-F decals on it.

Howie: Thanks for the post. I saw an ad on TV who does this also. Yes, costly, but covers every spot.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    They got me on the wheel locks and nitrogen on the tires. As well as the vehicle etching. Every vehicle on the lot had it done.
    I told the dealer I did not want it and would not pay it. It was left on invoice but zeroed out. When my Micra was delivered I got them with it for free.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ptbo micra For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    I have never bought a new car before. And I might never (who knows). But reading these experiences & advice is good.

I once went into the sales/finance office with a friend who was buying a brand new car, and asked me to go with her. Honestly, the whole thing seemed pretty easy and painless. No pressure.

However... and this might be the key part ... she did not try to negotiate price at all (even when I suggested). So maybe the sales person figured they made enough money from her, and left it at that.

She was happy. They were happy (I assume).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...