Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought a white Micra SR

Thanks
    The finance manager tried to get me to finance it, and buy the extra's as they make their cut from that, so I'm surprised your friends experience on that end went well, unless she did purchase the extra's.

I asked if they could throw in the rims, he said they couldn't. It was only when I contemplated about the rust and paint protection was when I was told if I bought the module, they'll throw in the PP.

I had cash, they knew but tried to get me to finance at 4.5%. Then there's the processing fee, $66. Salesman said it will be great for my credit. I said my credit is A+ already. I cancelled and paid cash. He said that was silly. Silly is paying more than what my money would have made in the bank.

Next car, a low-K used one as my Toyota, had 4K on it when I got it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wynter For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    I have the cash, the sales person recommends me to lease.. I insisted on cash, then he gave me a rebate if I go with finance at 5.50 %, my line of credit with the bank is at 4.8% and i have 25k limits lol... I asked them if i am free to pay it off at any time.. his reply is yes.. I guess, i will only pay the interest for 1 month, and then pay it off with cash. hahahaha.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to micra2080 For This Useful Post:

Pete (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Good for you.

I was going to pay the total owing shortly afterwards as I asked the same you did, if I could pay off as much as I wanted, but then I thought it over and didn't want the hassle of it all and paid cash. That's when I saw the processing fee and was glad I didn't finance it, even for a month or so. Salesman said, you'll have extra money in your bank for emergencies. They'll try anything!

They will try to get us to lease or finance, as they make more money on us that way! At least we 'got'em' there!

Thanks
    Just had a call with them, worked on some good deals. basically removed 300$ from the price tag, and added maintenance services for 3 years.

Thanks
    desole pour l'experience terrible avec ton dealer

i have to say, your sad story is not unique, this is how many (not all) dealers operate. This is why i promised myself to only buy used from now on.

and btw, never buy extended warranties from these guys, always a rip off with a dash of lies. save that money and do preventative maintenance.

and speaking of, rust proof should be done every one in a while, it's shouldnt be seen as a 'do it once and forget it forever' thing, which, no surprise, the dealers pressure you into doing.

Thanks
    From what i read, the modern cars are pretty much rust proof for the first 10 years if handled well... The dealership guarantee rust free for the first 10 years if i buy the amerigarde device.. we'll see how it goes...

if i do the traditional antirust treatment once every 2 years for about 120$ each time, that's already the price of the americgarde device..i figured i' d give this a try.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to micra2080 For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (02-03-2016)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Darn, I got caught too by the extended warranty but with the issues I am having for just 1 year it may have been a good purchase (if they live up to their promise). Definitely not buying new again from everything I've heard and read now.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site!