Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New 2015 Micra S. Not happy with many things....

Thanks
    Thanks for your comments, much appreciated. I regret buying the extended warranty at $1,315 and wish I put that towards the SV model.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by woofer2609 View Post
    Saved me the trouble of denting it myself
    That's funny.

Wynter, don't forget to add your car to our garage. Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I don't have any photo's yet, MetroMPG. When I do, I'll add them, thanks.

Thanks
    Wynter, the only reason I went for the SV trim was because it was the only way I could get air conditioning and cruise control while still keeping the sweet 5 speed stick shift, and I really wanted that 5 speed with air and cruise. While I agree the extended warranty is probably not worth it, neither is the SV upgrade if you opted for the automatic transmission S model, in my opinion, because that would give you air and cruise, which are the two only options that matter.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. I've never had cruise, but what I did have were doors where the locks were easily accessible and easy to close, and they all locked the same way. That for me, trumps cruise. I've had nothing but a nuisance with the doors and the smooth lock that you can't grab, in the back, that is, if you can force your arm through the front seat to reach the lock is a pain in the keester.

Glad you have your cruise, and stick!

Thanks
    And air. Can't underestimate air.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Update... Met with manager today. He offered to repaint the 2 doors, but said it wouldn't be factory paint and in a few years the color may not be the same as the rest of the car. He offered to pay for paint protection, but I had purchased already, so he gave me a credit of $250. for service/parts or accessories. Eases the pain a bit, but the marks will always be there.

Thanks
    That sounds like a reasonable outcome.

In a year or two they will just be 2 marks among several others.

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Wynter (01-14-2016)

Thanks
    Thanks for what you said MetroMPG. Reading that you think this was reasonable helps. It just 'bites' knowing the sale they have now is $500. more off the car than the sale that was on when I purchased the car. And I'm kicking myself wondering if I should have got 'fresh powder' instead of metallic grey as I saw a white one pass me the other day and it looked nice.
    As is life....

Thanks
    Wynter, consider this perspective: For what you paid for your Micra with extended warranty, what else could you buy? Everything else in its class, even as a stripper base model, would still cost more than what you paid, but none would be as fun to drive. I still think you got a great deal even with the cost of the extended warranty. Also, if you bought a 2015 model year, you're probably eligible for a cabin air filter, something I believe they plan on stopping.

Whenever I get a new stone chip, I merrily say, "Oh, well; it's just a Micra!" It really is a no-stress car, if you allow it to be.