Thread: driven my Micra 1000k, im happy so far :)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

driven my Micra 1000k, im happy so far :)

hi guys, ive been driving for about 1000k on this thing SV trim, i like it quite a lot. my impressions/review:

pros;
    -small, without being too small (fiat 500 or below)
    - simple (i dont need all that infotainment bs)
    - reliable, hopefully? (speaking of infotainment bs...there was an article in Consumer reports or whatever that the #1 cause reliability complaints were infotainment-related!)
    - peppy (nissan versa engine in this smaller car!)
    - not ugly (i wouldn't call it great looking, but "good looking for its class" which means looks better than quite a lot of those economy cars out there!)

cons;
    - engine noise (but it's a minor complaint...esp. since im a young guy!)
    - wind noise (again, a minor complaint)
    - poor lumbar support (i put in a small pillow, so it's all good now)
    - random bangs and ticks while you are driving (this was brought up in another car review journalist so i know it's not just me...i hope this doesnt become a problem)

misc: the value side. If you want auto + the features offered in teh SV trim, then the car is a good value but not the SUPER GREAT value suggested by that 10k base price.

other cars i considered: honda fit 2015, mazda2 2016. I wanted the mazda (the new one coming out is by far the best looking subcomp hatch out there, and mazda2 are known to be the 'sportiest' of its class) but it's still almost a year or so away. And the fit is awesome, except for the CVT, and the fact that there are quality issues coming from its Mexican factory, that are starting to become public. And...it looks kinda ugly and minivan-ish.

all in all, i just hope it stays reliable thru the years. you do that, micra, and ill sing your praises to my final days

PS: does anyone know if the Canadian micra 2015 has Takata airbags? *gulp*
    Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to micrapolis For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-02-2014)