Thread: K13 1.6L Micra catback exhaust -- claims 124 hp from HR16DE

Thanks

K13 1.6L Micra catback exhaust -- claims 124 hp from HR16DE

Can't vouch for the horsepower claim made in this, but this video shows 2 inch exhaust system upgrade on a K13 Micra (March) by a Peruvian owner:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I know sound is one of those things that everyone has an opinion on, and I hope he likes his car... but I think it sounds horrible.

Thanks
    I wasn't crazy about it either. Was giving the benefit of the doubt to the camera/microphone that it sounds better in person.

Is a gain to 124 hp realistic? I know diddly squat about aftermarket exhaust mods.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I HIGHLY doubt it. Unless he did a bunch of other stuff, and even then I would be skeptical.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I wasn't crazy about it either. Was giving the benefit of the doubt to the camera/microphone that it sounds better in person.

Is a gain to 124 hp realistic? I know diddly squat about aftermarket exhaust mods.
    That exhaust note sounds horrible.

6th Gen Civic DX/LX should be comparable to the Micra. It had a 1.6L 4-cyl (D16Y7) that made 106hp. Credible gains for a cat-back exhaust on those Civics were about 4-6hp....

I'm calling BS on the video without dyno results...

Thanks
    the exhaust extension useful to make the co2 away from the back door/ small gaps it means a health maintenance ! i already install different model to extend the exhaust end tip

Thanks
    that's way to much gain on a cat back.. Ours isn't really that poorly designed anyway. Its plenty big enough for mild mods anyway.

Once you crank your compression (Pistons, shaved head, turbo, supercharge, etc) and you have a need for an increased exhaust, then yes. Replace it. For most of us, the stocker exhaust is good enough. Crawl under the car, its pretty clean and simple, not too many bends.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Personally, I would think a less restrictive intake would yield greater results than a cat-back in the Micra, but even that won't magically turn the Micra into a 124 horsepower monster. At best, I'd think that a combination cold air intake and cat-back might return 118 horsepower. At some point, one needs to consider the limits of the stock transmission as well. I have doubts that it would handle much more power than stock without some improvements.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...