Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Euro Plate

Thanks

Euro Plate

Hi guys,

I had a question regarding the front "euro" plates. I didn't get one from the dealership with the car and I'm interested in purchasing an actual used euro plate from Ebay but had questions regarding the sizing.

Will any frame do for mounting? Or will the Micra only mount specific sizes of frames i.e. BMW/Audi style.

Or are they all the same size and I'm worrying about nothing?

Thanks in advance!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Micraguy_Montreal For This Useful Post:

Jean-Pierre Riel (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Hey, Montreal! Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure I've seen anybody mount the Euro plate on their Micra yet. I know Alpha_Micra bought one, but didn't mount it (Ontario car has provincial front plates).

If you don't get an answer here, please post back what you find out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hey, Montreal! Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure I've seen anybody mount the Euro plate on their Micra yet. I know Alpha_Micra bought one, but didn't mount it (Ontario car has provincial front plates).

If you don't get an answer here, please post back what you find out.
    I saw one the other day, saying MICRA on it

Thanks
    The dealer offered a mounting kit for the plate, seemed like a reasonable price at the time, but I legally need a front Ontario plate, so I used sticky velcro tabs to stick the europlate on the hatch cover.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Name:  614888_10203474724281152_4324744890217420967_o.jpg
Views: 3327
Size:  96.0 KB

like this one ?

Thanks
    I think yours is on backwards.(I really hope that wasn't the dealers doing)
    Name:  IMG_2884.jpg
Views: 3580
Size:  96.0 KB

MicraGuy, to answer your question. Our plates measure 20.5" x 4.4" which seems to be standard euro size. The place where you screw in the plastic holder is adjustable (left to right). Any plastic euro holder should do.(But why not get the dealer one for 5$)

Thanks
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 3132
Size:  87.3 KB

Hello MicraGuy,

I got one of the first ones from my dealership back in June at no cost which included the mounting kit but then again I work there. I noticed that my dealership was mounting them with every delivery since then. Go back to your dealer and see if you can get one from their parts department. Maybe they have one they can spare but if you have to pay for it, it shouldn't cost very much at all.
    Last edited by NilotheFilipino; 11-02-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks
    I also like the Euro plate, not much the dealer one but the one that are true immitation of an euro plate. I am pretty sure it will fit. I was going to buy the euro but decided to go with the micra black plastic part that Nissan is selling for the micra, it cover the whole black bumper front part.

I like the German plate a lot:

Name:  shm7382.jpg
Views: 2499
Size:  10.7 KB

I don't have a photo of the official NIssan black front bumper part but it cover everything except the grill and there is MICRA embossed in the plastic. Looks pretty good for those who don't want any plate in the front of the car.

It cost 14$ at the dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That black bumper cover is supposed to be part of your pdi package. Ie free.

Thanks
    Really? I am not talking about a black lisence plate, I am refering to the part that cover the whole front plastic bumper with the Micra letters embossed in. I can't even find a single photo on google image of it. well it's not free at my dealer and they charge me 14$ for it, and probably plus installation (which mean $$ for 5 minutes).

Did you get it for free with your car? I never seen a Micra with it so far except the fully equiped Micra that this dealer use for their show.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...