Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: My New Micra (Red Alert SV automatic, Hamilton)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antruby View Post
    54 miles per hour according to the Tom Tom. This week was all flat hwy driving. One person (Driver) in car. No spare tire or jack.
    Bruce says I may not have those conditions for some time. Temp. 16 C light rain or damp regular fuel. (Pioneer Silver)

Antruby (Rose) My blog is Antruby.com
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Thanks
    Thanks for the extra info, Antruby!

4.3 L/100 km (= 66 mpg Imp. / 55 mpg US) isn't out of the realm of possibility under those conditions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thanks for the extra info, Antruby!

4.3 L/100 km (= 66 mpg Imp. / 55 mpg US) isn't out of the realm of possibility under those conditions.
    Bruce says he will verify his way later.(Fill to filler cap drive and then fill to cap again) Keep in mind that is without air cond.
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Thanks
    That would be excellent - thanks.

Also it would give us a comparison of the fuel consumption display numbers against the actual results from a full fill-up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have had my Micra three weeks tomorrow and still love it. Almost everywhere I go people say they like the car. Now they say they have seen it on TV and hate the commercials. In the pic. Bruce, Sadie (The one that named Antruby ) and Antruby. (Rose) Name:  100_6886.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  98.0 KB
    Last edited by Antruby; 05-25-2014 at 08:36 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Antruby For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (05-25-2014)

Thanks
    Had my first Micra problem Today. Showing someone the new Micra today and they wanted to see the engine. I opened the hood and it did not. Bruce says the cable fell out of the clip. Put it back in but if it happens again the dealer will have to fix.Name:  100_6898.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  82.7 KBName:  PICT0038.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  89.7 KBName:  PICT0041.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  92.6 KB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Antruby For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-27-2014)

Thanks
    Yeah, the bracket is obviously badly bent. Doubt it will stay in place unless you bend it back straight. Curious if you had to pull on it really hard and that's why it bent? If so, there is a problem downstream somewhere, causing it to bind... or possibly the bracket is made of cheese.

The cable to the left, is that the gas door release?

I will be getting mine this week and will look at this right away.

Thanks AR
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    Yeah, the bracket is obviously badly bent. Doubt it will stay in place unless you bend it back straight. Curious if you had to pull on it really hard and that's why it bent? If so, there is a problem downstream somewhere, causing it to bind... or possibly the bracket is made of cheese.

The cable to the left, is that the gas door release?

I will be getting mine this week and will look at this right away.

Thanks AR
    Those pics are not great. In real life things look fine. (hard to see way up in there we should have put it on the lift.) Bruce will not touch it for fear of more damage. (We think it was like this all along.) Does not bind at all. It works real easy. That bracket is strong. Yes that is the gas door release and it and the hood release seem to take the same amount of pull to open.
    Last edited by Antruby; 05-27-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antruby View Post
    Those pics are not great. In real life things look fine. (hard to see way up in there we should have put it on the lift.) Bruce will not touch it for fear of more damage. (We think it was like this all along.) Does not bind at all. It works real easy. That bracket is strong. Yes that is the gas door release and it and the hood release seem to take the same amount of pull to open.
    Then I would say they owe you a new bracket. Based on those pics, the hood release fits in the same bracket as the gas door release and it is clearly bent on that side. I'm betting they will just bend it straight though.

Good Luck AR
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    Then I would say they owe you a new bracket. Based on those pics, the hood release fits in the same bracket as the gas door release and it is clearly bent on that side. I'm betting they will just bend it straight though.

Good Luck AR
    I agree. Ant Ruby probably opened her bonnet more times in a week than most Micra owners would in a decade.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...