Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: My New Micra (Red Alert SV automatic, Hamilton)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    So, 5.9 then. We can dismiss the first tank if you filled it and include that to the total amount you put in along with the mileage at that point. Very nice.
    That is 90 percent hwy driving. Every place is about ten miles from Wellandport.

Antruby (Rose) My blog is Antruby.com
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Antruby For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-18-2014)

Thanks
    Don't know what happened. But it is a mess. I was showing someone at a yard sale the Micra when I saw it.Name:  100_6952.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  94.4 KBName:  100_6953.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  95.9 KB
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Thanks
    Bummer. That's odd -- that's a surprisingly deep mark considering it didn't touch the door.

At first I thought it looked like a mark you might accidentally get by slamming the door on the seatbelt clasp, but it would have left a mark on the door edge too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Bummer. That's odd -- that's a surprisingly deep mark considering it didn't touch the door.

At first I thought it looked like a mark you might accidentally get by slamming the door on the seatbelt clasp, but it would have left a mark on the door edge too.
    Bruce thinks its a stone from a lawnmower

Thanks
    No way its a stone...that looks like a piece of metal falling onto the lower body while your door was open. Or a cart...but the door was open when it happened.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by en3rg1e View Post
    No way its a stone...that looks like a piece of metal falling onto the lower body while your door was open. Or a cart...but the door was open when it happened.
    Thanks en3rgle. DAM IT! Upon further investigation Bruce has found out it was steel not rock. (Very rare Yard sale item Disease I think)Name:  100_6957.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  95.4 KBName:  100_6956.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  95.4 KBName:  100_6954.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  87.1 KB

Thanks
    Wow...guilty! That's being caught red handed...in this case red painted lol!!! How much do you think it'll cost to fix?

Thanks
    Not a big deal really, and two good things; one is that it happened in summer (salty winter roads would immediately start eating at that), and two is that you found it right away while it's still small and easy to deal with. Lucky it's so low on the car, you could do a quick and dirty repair job and it'd still look great. You could just use a wire brush and scrub it down to the metal in the damaged part and feather it out to the good part, clean it with mineral spirits, then you could use a commercial rust remover if you really wanted to get ambitious (though it may not be necessary), then right away give it a new coat of primer. After that, you can decide if you want to fill it in with body filler (which will have to dry, be sanded, and primed) or if you can live with it and just give it a couple of coats of matching red paint.

Personally, I'd clean and paint without the filler; it gives the car its own unique character.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by en3rg1e View Post
    Wow...guilty! That's being caught red handed...in this case red painted lol!!! How much do you think it'll cost to fix?
    I don't even want to think about it today. I will go to Plaza and see what they say. What is your guess?

Thanks
    Shouldn't be much, its small...very small, only needs to be straightened and repainted, don't stress.