Page 1 of 19 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The wheel fitment thread

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

The wheel fitment thread

I decided to start this thread for people who are looking to mod their Micras, specifically the wheel/tire route. I know I will definitely be doing so once the car comes out.

Perhaps the first Micra on modified wheels in North America is this press release car seen at the Toronto release, on 18x7 +42 4x100 OZ Superturismo GT in Grigio Corsa. Tires are 205/40/18. I am surprised at how perfect the fitment is, but do note the car is lowered on something, probably springs I assume. That particular wheel spec installed on the Micra below is also a very rare and unpopular size, and is very difficult to find anywhere outside of Europe. I have contacted both Tire Rack and Vivid Racing to see if it would be possible to order this particular size in, given that they carry a variety of other sizes of the Superturismo.

Thanks
    God that's beautiful. I wonder if lowering springs from other market micras are direct swap. I definitely want to play with suspension as I plan to autocross mine.

Thanks
    Suspension bits for the Versa Note & sedan may be interchangeable with the Micra, given the shared platform & drivetrain.

Also: the current K13 March/Micra has been available in other countries for 4 years now, so there are probably options available from overseas. (Spendy shipping though.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Tire Rack returned my email. OZ Superturismo GT in Grigio Corsa 18x7 +42 4x100 cost $299 each, so $1200 for a set.

The tires on the press Micra are Pilot Supersports.

205/40/18 is not a very popular tire size and all I can find are max performance and ultra high performance summer tires that cost at least $150 each, so with that setup on the press Micra we're looking at at least $1800 for the wheel/tire package, before we find out what it's lowered on.

Thanks
    Just out of curiosity, what would you personally consider a reasonable amount to spend on wheels/tires/drop?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Given that wheels generally do not lose their value over time unless damaged, especially higher end wheels, and a good set of summer tires hold their value as well if they still have lots of life, I'd be willing to spend around $1500 in total for wheels and tires.

Of course there's always rep wheels that cost a fraction of what genuine wheels cost, so that's also an option.

Thanks
    Does someone know how big width/height can we go on our micra without changing the suspension ? Because i don't really like the wheel gap...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwells View Post
    Does someone know how big width/height can we go on our micra without changing the suspension ? Because i don't really like the wheel gap...
    Wheelbasealloys.com, based in Oldham, UK, shows up to 18" wheels for the K13 Micra. You could probably email them asking what the biggest tire that would fit comfortably on the Micra on an 18" rim would be, though you'd probably want to spell it tyre instead of tire Good luck!

Edit: If you select one of the rims on the page, it'll give you a list of tires with specifications that match the rims to make a package. Good hunting!
    Last edited by Ustauk; 06-12-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks
    Wondering what car rims fits the new micra? up to what size without any suspension modification?
    Please let me know and thank you in advance.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwells View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hyedegha View Post
    Wondering what car rims fits the new micra? up to what size without any suspension modification?
    Please let me know and thank you in advance.
    Hey guys, check the 18'' rims in the first post... they fit good and still leave a little gap, and that's with a lowered suspension. If you are keeping the stock ride height, no telling how big you could go!

Those 205-40-18 tires are about 24.43'' tall.
    The stock 185-60-15 are about 23.71'' tall.
    I will probably cheap out and re-skin the stock 15'' rims with 185-65-15 tires (24.43'' tall...same as the 18''ers) when the time comes. If I get inspired I would go for some 18'' rims the same spec as those in the OP. (maybe those exact rims actually)

Either way, taller tires will not only look better, but will go towards bringing the speedo back into line with reality, and the effective overall higher drive ratio will not be a problem for the Micras ballsy engine

Last edited by aftica; 07-05-2014 at 09:18 AM.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

lone wolf (02-21-2022)