Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abbotsford Nissan (BC) Micra Status.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Abbotsford Nissan (BC) Micra Status.

My name is James from Abbotsford Nissan in British Columbia. I've been following the news closely as I am a bit of an enthusiast and am most likely buying one very shortly.

About myself, I autocross a lot, I work on cars and I've been selling Nissans for 4+ years. If anyone has any questions about the Micra or the workings inside a dealership, let me know. Ill be happy to answer any questions you have.

We ordered a handful of Micras in various trims and they are imminently arriving. Distribution is funny and dont offer a concrete date of arrival, so really I'm get excited every morning when I come in.

Though these things are working on a shoe-string profit margin, if anyone wants to look at or buy one in BC from an enthusiast, i'll do what I can.

I'll update the thread when we get the first one off the truck.

I've read pretty much every thread here and know these things pretty thoroughly.

Basically, Anyone in BC interested in these boys? They're sure to be an absolute blast to drive and for so freaking cheap. I have aggressive tires from my track car I'm bolting on right after I buy one and I cant wait to toss it around.

Last edited by nintu; 04-25-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks
    Hey James - welcome to the forum!

It's cool to see someone in sales who also buys the product. Nobody better to deal with than a knowledgeable enthusiast!

Do you have any sense of the level of interest from the public on the Micras? I don't think Nissan has done any Micra advertising yet, so I suspect only car show attendees and people who follow car news know about them at this point. In other words, fellow enthusiasts.

Which trim are you considering for yourself? And I'm curious.... what's your track car?

Glad to have you here!

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hey James - welcome to the forum!

It's cool to see someone in sales who also buys the product. Nobody better to deal with than a knowledgeable enthusiast!

Do you have any sense of the level of interest from the public on the Micras? I don't think Nissan has done any Micra advertising yet, so I suspect only car show attendees and people who follow car publications know about them at this point. In other words, fellow enthusiasts.

Which trim are you considering for yourself? And I'm curious.... what's your track car?

Glad to have you here!

Darin
    I don't race anything too exciting. It's a 92 Integra but I've done engine work(valve-train / cams) and very expensive suspension work. (hence auto cross). Staying in this class so I don't break the bank. =D

Public? Super high. Lots of attention. I have to remind my manager every day that these things will sell like mad. I told "I promise you, however many you order, we will sell, and fast".

I've gotten quite a few customers already thinking they were out and have a list to call when they get in. Price point and basic equipment with FULL warranty is a nobrainer. It's often older europeans so far to be honest. Where Manual is fine and certain equipment not necessary. Nissan thinks the SR and SV conv. are the big sellers. They are manufacturing those 2 trims at 24% each. Only 4.0% on Base manual. So colors might be hard to get at first for Base model.

No advertising other than Online so far. But I believe its coming. I spoke to the coordinator for western canada and he said they were going to support it strongly with advertisement.

Unfortunately, I have no insight into nismo parts. God I hope so. Even basics would be great. I know they are investing more into their nismo division in canada so its not out of the question. They are planning on eating up some of this scion market with all the exciting customizing stuff. I wonder if the Japanese Nismo Micra will make a good enough impression to bring some of those ideas here. =]

I want a base model, plain and simple. I drive a lot of basic cars already. Most important to me is Manual, light and good handling. In Greater Vancouver area, you dont need Air, and I've lived without power windows and power locks for years. Who cares? For under 200$ a month for a 2015 is unreal value and I can throw a double-din deck in from Crutchfield in days and only cost around 200$ all said and done.

Can't wait to auto-cross it. Some of the best raw times I've been seeing are base, or near base, Yaris and Mazda2 with good tires. Small, light, good handling is what kills. I don't need to beat a mustang off the line.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nintu For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (04-21-2014),MetroMPG (04-21-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nintu View Post
    In Greater Vancouver area, you dont need Air...
    Southern Ontario, OTOH...

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Southern Ontario, OTOH...
    I also hold no judgments because I gotta admit, its the one thing making me think to switch to SV. Because the finance rates are better on the SV, somewhat offsetting the difference. Still undecided.

those payments on a base model though... Man...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nintu View Post
    I also hold no judgments because I gotta admit, its the one thing making me think to switch to SV. Because the finance rates are better on the SV, somewhat offsetting the difference. Still undecided.

those payments on a base model though... Man...
    does your dealer offer base model with option of AC?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by edvc520 View Post
    does your dealer offer base model with option of AC?
    Unfortunately not. It's not going to be a dealer installed option unfortunately. (That i'm aware of atleast. )

Looking into adding aircon to a base model Versa (was 2012), they quoted me upwards of thousands. On the assembly line is the only real time to add it cost-effectively. To route in the air, add the matrix and lines is the time consuming part. The bracket and compressor are easy.

I would just buy the SV at the lower rate if it was that much of a difference.

Thanks
    Nintu, do you know why there's no version of the S with an automatic transmission but no air conditioning? Is it an economy of scale thing? I'd prefer to drive the standard, but my missus wants an automatic; being in Edmonton, we could both do without air conditioning, but Nissan isn't giving us that option

One of my missus's main concerns with the standard is rolling backwards on a hill between letting off the clutch and getting to the gas; my old Ford Aspire had so little horsepower that it wouldn't kick be able to overcome gravity until I applied the gas. With the good weight to horsepower ratio of the Micra, might this not be an issue for the Micra? I might be able to convince her to drive a standard if it isn't an issue

Thanks
    Welcome to the site nintu. Its great to have another Micra fan here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Nintu, do you know why there's no version of the S with an automatic transmission but no air conditioning? Is it an economy of scale thing? I'd prefer to drive the standard, but my missus wants an automatic; being in Edmonton, we could both do without air conditioning, but Nissan isn't giving us that option
    That answer has been given by our Micra expert here: http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...ull=1#post1151

One of my missus's main concerns with the standard is rolling backwards on a hill between letting off the clutch and getting to the gas; my old Ford Aspire had so little horsepower that it wouldn't kick be able to overcome gravity until I applied the gas. With the good weight to horsepower ratio of the Micra, might this not be an issue for the Micra? I might be able to convince her to drive a standard if it isn't an issue
    With a little driving practice this isn't an issue.

Thanks
    Ustauk: I assume you saw Nissan's reply to your question: http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...product-expert

EDIT: oops, didn't see Daox's reply.

As for not rolling backward: there are 3 methods I know of to prevent this (well, two are variations on the same thing). The handbrake method is super, super easy -- does your wife know about it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...