Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adding SR sill spoilers to non-SR Micra (thats what nissan calls them) / side skirts

Thanks

Adding SR sill spoilers to non-SR Micra (thats what nissan calls them) / side skirts

I am incredibly interested in this car, however after talking with the dealer and getting things close to sorted out, I am told that I cannot purchase the side sill spoilers ( again what nissan calls them ) for my base model micra... i have already negotiated getting the sr spoiler instead of the standard one. I was just wondering if anyone had any information on the new k13s, and if there is possibly another micra or a march sold in another country that does have the aforementioned part I would like. Thanks you to all whom look at this, and thank you even more if someone can solve my dilemma....

-----------

Admin edit: jump down to post #17 to read how Aftica installed side skirts on his car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketRocket View Post
    I am incredibly interested in this car, however after talking with the dealer and getting things close to sorted out, I am told that I cannot purchase the side sill spoilers ( again what nissan calls them ) for my base model micra... i have already negotiated getting the sr spoiler instead of the standard one. I was just wondering if anyone had any information on the new k13s, and if there is possibly another micra or a march sold in another country that does have the aforementioned part I would like. Thanks you to all whom look at this, and thank you even more if someone can solve my dilemma....
    Couple things.
    1)You should be able to purchase the skirts, I would think there has to be a part# in case an SR gets damaged.
    2)If I understand properly, you have ordered the rear spoiler that comes with the SR and not the ''accessory'' spoiler? This is what I want to do also. How much are they charging for that and do you have a part#?

My dealer is not very helpful with anything out of the ordinary like this.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    My dealer is not very helpful with anything out of the ordinary like this.[/QUOTE]

I found this to all I want is a part number for that plastic hand pull for the hatchback. I have seen one on a Nismo Micra K13.
    Antruby (Rose) My blog is Antruby.com
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    Couple things.
    1)You should be able to purchase the skirts, I would think there has to be a part# in case an SR gets damaged.
    2)If I understand properly, you have ordered the rear spoiler that comes with the SR and not the ''accessory'' spoiler? This is what I want to do also. How much are they charging for that and do you have a part#?

My dealer is not very helpful with anything out of the ordinary like this.
    the spoiler i think was 500 with labour ( yes its the sr one with the leds ) only downside is that it only comes in piano black... i will have to find the printed invoice for the actual price and number though... and i said the same damn thing that there should be a part number incase of damage during shipping, would you possibly be able to try and assist me in my journey to finding my side sill spoilers? sorry about late response, was actually at dealership right after my post.
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 06-14-2014 at 12:02 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    the spoiler i think was 500 with labour ( yes its the sr one with the leds ) only downside is that it only comes in piano black... i will have to find the printed invoice for the actual price and number though... and i said the same damn thing that there should be a part number incase of damage during shipping, would you possibly be able to try and assist me in my journey to finding my side sill spoilers? sorry about late response, was actually at dealership right after my post.
    Thanks bro! $500 with labour sounds like it will be within my budget, as I will install it myself. The part number(s) would be great. If I come up with anything re: SR skirts I will let you know. Can't find anything online other than after market, it could be that all this is just too new.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks bro! $500 with labour sounds like it will be within my budget, as I will install it myself. The part number(s) would be great. If I come up with anything re: SR skirts I will let you know. Can't find anything online other than after market, it could be that all this is just too new.
    should nissan though at least have some parts incase of collision??? and are any of the after market parts, for the 2014-15 k13? just give me a tiny bit more im ripping apart my filing cabinet for the part number.... again i know this is speculation on asking, but wouldnt you agree they should have at least an unpainted primed part ready?

Thanks
    should nissan though at least have some parts incase of collision??? and are any of the after market parts, for the 2014-15 k13? just give me a tiny bit more im ripping apart my filing cabinet for the part number.... again i know this is speculation on asking, but wouldnt you agree they should have at least an unpainted primed part ready?
    Hey don't kill yourself finding that part number for me!
    Nissan will have the the OEM skirts available at some point. And because they are body coloured I assume they will come in primer when ordered separately.

EDIT: if after market skirts are OK for you, there are a bunch of posts about body kits. I don't have any experience with that stuff though.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

Thanks
    Hey don't kill yourself finding that part number for me!
    Nissan will have the the OEM skirts available at some point. And because they are body coloured I assume they will come in primer when ordered separately.

EDIT: if after market skirts are OK for you, there are a bunch of posts about body kits. I don't have any experience with that stuff though.
    i am ok with them... i just dont want the dealership to be not ok with them lol... worst thing i could do is allow them to order something for me that will void for example the corrosion or paint wear warranty lol :P... and no worries i needed to clean anyways... have all the nissan paperwork sorted out just need to find the number... and I will kill myself if needed... this is what we canadians do, is help. Or at least try to.. seriously though its no big deal i will need it too if i want a proper quote on the car..... have you already purchased one by any chance?

Thanks
    Hi, PocketRocket...

have you already purchased one by any chance?
    Not sure if you're asking about the car, or the spoiler...

If asking about the car, you will want to read aftica's review for the infotainment value: Some Random Stuff (observations about my base Micra S)

PS: welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    thank you for the welcome, and no worries on the review i have driven the car about 25km in 3 different test drives with anywhere from 2 - 4 people in it, I am just looking for information on the side sills available on the sr.... like I said I already have the other part priced and btw found the invoice to aftica I believe is the fellow micronian, i even asked if there was an unpainted primed oem replacement in case of accident, no luck