Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New catalytic converter

Thanks

New catalytic converter

So I tried to install my kakimoto gt box 06&s only to find out once going under the car that the cat and resonator are welded together from the factory........( 2019 micra s model) so I’m looking at buying a new cat and this is the one I purchased last night https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...converter,5808
    Really hoping when it arrives that it fits and then I can install the damn catback, any input would be awesome thanks

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    How's the installation?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meowiejuie View Post
    How's the installation?
    So far not good because of the weld from the factory I’ve had to purchase a new cat and today or Friday I’m gonna try install with a new cat and hoping that everything fits properly, I’ll post when it’s either finished or another sad failure

Thanks
    I'm sure will work on fine, mine is a 2015 and it's currently at the shop to have the cat flange welded as well as it rusted off. How much did you paid for the exhaust and from which site?

Thanks
    Well my problem is from the factory there was no flange they just welded it all together one piece, and of course as it turns out last night tried to install the new cat and of course it doesn’t fit like not even close to the right part, so I have to send it back and I’ve already ordered a new one from a different company hoping for better results this time..... such a simple simple thing turned way too time consuming

Thanks
    Wonder how much the 2015 oem cat will cost from the dealer. That may be the part you need?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VanIsleMicra View Post
    Well my problem is from the factory there was no flange they just welded it all together one piece, and of course as it turns out last night tried to install the new cat and of course it doesn’t fit like not even close to the right part, so I have to send it back and I’ve already ordered a new one from a different company hoping for better results this time..... such a simple simple thing turned way too time consuming
    It's obvious Nissan Canada didn't want people to equip different kinds of Cat-back exhausts LOL.. they watered-down the models big time after 2015.

Thanks
    Well I’m 0/2 on aftermarket catalytic converters fitting tried one from rockauto and one from eBay neither fit returning both of them so at this is point it’s frustrating..... emailed the dealership today gonna see what they have to say maybe they can get me a 2015 stock cat that fits or something either way this is way too much time just to install my kakimoto catback

Thanks
    https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...-Steel-Exhaust

why is yours so different?

did you buy the car new ?

i wonder if someone "deleted" the flange because it rusted away ?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...-Steel-Exhaust

why is yours so different?

did you buy the car new ?

i wonder if someone "deleted" the flange because it rusted away ?

I bought it in December 2019 as a brand new 2019 model I am the only owner, I don’t know why for the year they welded the cat + resonator and it has flex pipe going up to the flange that connects to the manifold

and the dealership emailed me back today and sent me the quote for a 2015 regular cat for 1000$...... ya fricken right what a joke

The 2019 model is essentially the exact same shape pipe and all just welded and has flex pipe, I really don’t like it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VanIsleMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-22-2020)