Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2" Kakimoto stainless Steel Exhaust

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    We are going to assume the flange where the resonator connects(mid vehicle roughly) has "rusted away..." this is pretty common..one answer is to delete the flange and just get the pipes welded...the entire rest of the exhaust system probably has alot of total life left in it
    Actually, the entire pipe broke off at the small built in heat shield, I welded the bottom side bit can't access the top, unless I cut it off and reweld. The flange broke off as well and I used a split flange

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Speg View Post
    Actually, the entire pipe broke off at the small built in heat shield, I welded the bottom side bit can't access the top, unless I cut it off and reweld. The flange broke off as well and I used a split flange

Yikes!

it sounds like you need a stainless exhaust system!

or weld in a straight pipe...i wonder how that sounds?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 01-03-2021 at 02:04 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hey Nobuseri/MrMicra,

I ordered this, trying to translate the instructions...

This only came with the one gasket; a flat graphite one. Is that the one that goes between the muffler and resonator pipes? Then the existing OEM conical gasket/bolts/springs are re-used between the resonator and the catalytic converter (provided stock)?

The entire flange between our micra's muffler and resonator broke off entirely and the OEM gasket/bolts are gone. A welded replacement didn't last long. We live out in the sticks - not a lot of custom exhaust work around here. Nissan quoted us $1045 after tax for everything from the muffler up to the resonator pipe's connection to the cat, not including installation, so we opted to go stainless at a marginal cost increase for a boost and longevity.

Thanks
    to be honest i havent actually done ANY exhaust work on the micra....i will draw from civic experience ....if the bolts have springs you need a conical gasket basically made from "compressed stainless steel wool"...if its 2 flat flanges that bolt together,you need a flat gasket...I FOUND....ON A CIVIC...i needed a different diameter conical gasket to mate up to the aftermarket exhaust from the stock one...autoparts store took me to the back and we eyeballed what i needed...they arent super expensive...sorry not more help...what exactly did u buy?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rustypipes View Post
    Hey Nobuseri/MrMicra,

I ordered this, trying to translate the instructions...

This only came with the one gasket; a flat graphite one. Is that the one that goes between the muffler and resonator pipes? Then the existing OEM conical gasket/bolts/springs are re-used between the resonator and the catalytic converter (provided stock)?

The entire flange between our micra's muffler and resonator broke off entirely and the OEM gasket/bolts are gone. A welded replacement didn't last long. We live out in the sticks - not a lot of custom exhaust work around here. Nissan quoted us $1045 after tax for everything from the muffler up to the resonator pipe's connection to the cat, not including installation, so we opted to go stainless at a marginal cost increase for a boost and longevity.
    if the "Donut" gasket is in good condition you can re-use it, however that is usually a replacement item after a long amount of millage or when they rust to ****. Same goes for the springs and Bolts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuseri View Post
    if the "Donut" gasket is in good condition you can re-use it, however that is usually a replacement item after a long amount of millage or when they rust to ****. Same goes for the springs and Bolts.
    The flange between the muffler and the resonator rusted on ours, but the connection to the cat seems good. I guess we'll find out at the mechanic's tomorrow what shape the donut gasket/springs/bolts are in and see if they need replacing. 45 minutes one-way to the nissan dealer if we need OEM, or maybe the mechanic can see if they're interchangeable with the versa or something if that's easier to obtain.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rustypipes View Post
    The flange between the muffler and the resonator rusted on ours, but the connection to the cat seems good. I guess we'll find out at the mechanic's tomorrow what shape the donut gasket/springs/bolts are in and see if they need replacing. 45 minutes one-way to the nissan dealer if we need OEM, or maybe the mechanic can see if they're interchangeable with the versa or something if that's easier to obtain.
    The part in question is this, 20695-8H32D Bearing Seal.
    Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  88.5 KB

Thanks
    Is this mod street legal in Canada, and/or Ontario?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoedhard View Post
    Is this mod street legal in Canada, and/or Ontario?
    Depends on where you live. Even with this on the Micra I'm nowhere near as loud as the trucks/ATVs/snowmobiles people drive around here so I wouldn't expect to be ticketed. Generally someone needs to complain for you to get a ticket for noise unless it's ridiculously excessive, so you may be more at risk in the suburb with irritable neighbors.