Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Micra warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or trouble-free so far?

Thanks
    Only ongoing issue I have had is the belt slipping after heavy use of aircon, but that's the joy of Australian summers.
    Nissan aus charge $15 for the 5min job.

Thanks
    In for driverside mirror shake ( Nissan ajax 'couldn't find a problem, Midway Nissan in Whitby found it in 5 min and covering it), clock spring 'replaced' by Ajax nissan, its gone again so Midway is replacing it under warranty, headliner rattle needs to be diagnosed, cupholder rattle needs to be diagnosed, dash rattle needs to be diagnosed. Small rust spots due to previous owners crash repaired under warranty because they sold it to me 'certified rust free' (surprise surprise Ajax nissan AGAIN)
    Micra Meets: Mosport '18

Car Girls FTW.

Interior mods only right now.

Thanks
    i notice when i jack up the car the dash rattles and squeaks for a few miles until everything settles back in...
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Hey all! I see some complaints about Guelph Nissan, so wanted to chime in with just a general warning about Guelph Nissan from me (Guelphite here), and a few neighbours of mine (one told me he asked the service manager to sit in a chair as he bought a Toyota from down the street - that's how bad the guys is). As a general rule - stay away. Last time I took it in for repairs, service manager told me they would not cover an exhaust flange rusting out (car under 3yo - "underbody rust is 40k km only" explanation, which makes no sense on a non-moving part. Also, the rest of the exhaust is galvanized, so Nissan must have known this might happen - looking to start a class action, never heard of any other car having an exhaust issue in less than 3 years - and the issue came to light in June FFS), told me car was unsafe to drive (partly due to passenger side lower control arm making noises I suppose, but it was covered by my extended warranty), and would not give me a car to drive 40 km one way to work and offered no support whatsoever. Looking to come in and talking to the owner - provided I can hold myself so as not to punch him in the face repeatedly.
    Carlos Ramos is the service manager and I would rather go elsewhere than to look for service from him ever again, for the worry of ripping his throat out.

Also, I need to have the sway bar bushings replaced. Again... I was in for that while they were doing renos, and the girl told me that it was not covered as they could not find my extended warranty and I had to prove it I paid for it! I think I might stop making the car payment with my bank - they have their heads so far up their rear ends they wouldn't be able to know that I did sounds like.

Sorry to rant out like that. I do love my Micra, it is a great car in principle but not in execution, but I am fairly certain I would not want to do any business with Nissan, especially Guelph Nissan ever again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfcart View Post
    Hey all! I see some complaints about Guelph Nissan, so wanted to chime in with just a general warning about Guelph Nissan from me (Guelphite here), and a few neighbours of mine (one told me he asked the service manager to sit in a chair as he bought a Toyota from down the street - that's how bad the guys is). As a general rule - stay away. Last time I took it in for repairs, service manager told me they would not cover an exhaust flange rusting out (car under 3yo - "underbody rust is 40k km only" explanation, which makes no sense on a non-moving part. Also, the rest of the exhaust is galvanized, so Nissan must have known this might happen - looking to start a class action, never heard of any other car having an exhaust issue in less than 3 years - and the issue came to light in June FFS), told me car was unsafe to drive (partly due to passenger side lower control arm making noises I suppose, but it was covered by my extended warranty), and would not give me a car to drive 40 km one way to work and offered no support whatsoever. Looking to come in and talking to the owner - provided I can hold myself so as not to punch him in the face repeatedly.
    Carlos Ramos is the service manager and I would rather go elsewhere than to look for service from him ever again, for the worry of ripping his throat out.

Also, I need to have the sway bar bushings replaced. Again... I was in for that while they were doing renos, and the girl told me that it was not covered as they could not find my extended warranty and I had to prove it I paid for it! I think I might stop making the car payment with my bank - they have their heads so far up their rear ends they wouldn't be able to know that I did sounds like.

Sorry to rant out like that. I do love my Micra, it is a great car in principle but not in execution, but I am fairly certain I would not want to do any business with Nissan, especially Guelph Nissan ever again.
    Can I tack on Ajax Nissan to this warning as well? bought my used micra from them, got the carfax (they only had one copy which is now gone and I wasn't provided with a keeper *eyeroll*) had a crash previous by the owner (a nissan exec.) and had a 3rd party repair it (??? WHY?) and it was shoddy and rusted which I found. They wouldn't cover the rust and I had to pay $1450 out of pocket to cover an issue they should have told me about/repaired properly previously. all promised me 2 free oil changes upon purchase, and then wouldn't honour them upon return for my first. I got them lets just say that. the sales guy who sold me the car only worked there for 3 months. hmmmm...

Midway Nissan in Whitby has been a blessing to deal with. they're honouring the warranty and everything I have complained about was investigated and fixed no questions asked.

Car Girls FTW.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wayward_0ne For This Useful Post:

Golfcart (09-27-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayward_0ne View Post
    Can I tack on Ajax Nissan to this warning as well? bought my used micra from them, got the carfax (they only had one copy which is now gone and I wasn't provided with a keeper *eyeroll*) had a crash previous by the owner (a nissan exec.) and had a 3rd party repair it (??? WHY?) and it was shoddy and rusted which I found. They wouldn't cover the rust and I had to pay $1450 out of pocket to cover an issue they should have told me about/repaired properly previously. all promised me 2 free oil changes upon purchase, and then wouldn't honour them upon return for my first. I got them lets just say that. the sales guy who sold me the car only worked there for 3 months. hmmmm...

Midway Nissan in Whitby has been a blessing to deal with. they're honouring the warranty and everything I have complained about was investigated and fixed no questions asked.
    Haha, methinks we ought to start a whole new thread about untrustworthy Nissan dealerships altogether! I bought my Micra new from Guelph dealership, but I feel your pain.

Whitby is a little too far for me to deal with, but Milton Nissan is not. However, there is a $100 charge for any warranty work done by any other Nissan (dealer****?) dealership regardless of merit. Is that even legal?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfcart View Post
    Haha, methinks we ought to start a whole new thread about untrustworthy Nissan dealerships altogether! I bought my Micra new from Guelph dealership, but I feel your pain.

Whitby is a little too far for me to deal with, but Milton Nissan is not. However, there is a $100 charge for any warranty work done by any other Nissan (dealer****?) dealership regardless of merit. Is that even legal?

I wasn't charged $100 for getting my work done at Midway (yet, if thats even a thing) they never mentioned that to me and I will be PISSED if thats real and it happens. I will call Nissan Canada and complain, because I will NEVER take my Micra back to Ajax Nissan.

Car Girls FTW.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayward_0ne View Post
    I wasn't charged $100 for getting my work done at Midway (yet, if thats even a thing) they never mentioned that to me and I will be PISSED if thats real and it happens. I will call Nissan Canada and complain, because I will NEVER take my Micra back to Ajax Nissan.
    I will try my luck with Milton Nissan regarding replacing the front swaybar bushings. If they want money, I will tell them to get sodomized with a police baton - and report back here.

I had called Nissan Canada multiple times, and I always found them to be less than useful. Maybe I will get a lucky break. The lottery payouts are rather high right now, I think it is better to invest into those right now than expecting good service from Nissan.

Thanks
    how can they charge you 100 dollars for getting the work done somewhere else???????????thats insane?....they havent done anything?

you should report that to BBB..they are just trying it on with you, thats really not nice!!!!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    how can they charge you 100 dollars for getting the work done somewhere else???????????thats insane?....they havent done anything?

you should report that to BBB..they are just trying it on with you, thats really not nice!!!!

That is exactly what I thought, never heard of that as the warranty is Canada wide any Nissan dealer can handle it from what I knew

Car Girls FTW.