Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to align bumper? - Meep got hit

Thanks

How to align bumper? - Meep got hit

Lovely birthday gift - went for a walk in the park with a few friends and came back to a huge muddy scuff and misaligned bumper (Hit & Run) - looks like a truck tire scuff. After a good cleaning and buffing this is what I have to deal with - not unfixable but heart-breaking. I may have to find some sort of decal to cover the scuffs as my insurance deductible is not worth it. But I'm trying to figure out the best way to align the bumper seam now that it's wedged out on the corner where it meets the metal up top and a gap down lower. Soo pissed.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  10.9 KB

Thanks
    poor old Meepers,ill let some one comment who has actually removed the front bumper but a dusting of white spraypaint and some clearcoat might see you right...instead of a semicircular racing stripe!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    There is a philips head screw behind the wheel well liner that attaches the bumper to the fender. If you take this out you may be able to shift that corner of the bumper around on a warm day. The rest of the side of the bumper attaches to the fender with a few push fittings that snap into place and can be popped out once you have said screw removed. I have found it easier to either remove the tire, or turn the wheel all the way to one side to get at this screw. The wheel well liner just sits in behind the lip of the bumper and I use a flat head screw driver to get in behind it and pry it open. If your wanting to remove the entire bumper for any reason there are 4 more plastic push rivets under the hood that hold the top of the bumper, and another 5 or so torx screws underneath that hold the bottom of the bumper to the plastic engine splash shield and the bumper cover will come right off Attachment 6119

Thanks
    Name:  Inked1_LI.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  10.5 KBName:  Inked1_LI.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  10.5 KB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-02-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    poor old Meepers,ill let some one comment who has actually removed the front bumper but a dusting of white spraypaint and some clearcoat might see you right...instead of a semicircular racing stripe!
    One caveat if you go this way MicraBling: Be careful if you get your paint at Canadian Tire. I bought a can of QM1, and it came out a little more cream coloured than the paint on the car, so it took a fair bit of blending to make it work.

Thanks
    Thanks MrMicra - Meep was thinking some flowers but I'd rather a spray.

Thanks
    Thanks so much for all the details Richard. It's still snowing here, so waiting until it warms up is good advice. I'll take a look for that screw and hopefully we can get it to sit right again.

Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up - that sort of thing would annoy me, perhaps if I get paint I'll get it from the dealer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MicraBling View Post
    Thanks so much for all the details Richard. It's still snowing here, so waiting until it warms up is good advice. I'll take a look for that screw and hopefully we can get it to sit right again.
    np. My wife is from NL so I'm somewhat familiar with the longer winters. I grew up in NB and we moved to ON to try and get as far south as we could without leaving Canada lol.
    Anyways...I digress....There is a paint code, I think, on the drivers side door jam. Some automotive parts places can color match to your paint code and put it in a spray can for you for around $40ish. Depending on how much "meep" has faded it should still give you a pretty close match. White is typically one of the harder colors to match up since there's so many different shades of it if you go the Canadian Tire route.

Thanks
    Any update, MicraBling? Has the weather improved enough to look at sorting out your bumper?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...