Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Nobody in their right mind buys a base Micra". Oh, really??

Thanks
    I have had both the base S and the SV with convenience package and can say I understand the reasoning behind either decision of purchasing both.
    I bought my base S for the simplicity and the "less to go wrong" with it about the car and after driving it for 70 000k the things I wished I had were the door locks and a better drivers seat.
    Then to be honest with all the incentives going on at the time plus the deep discount Nissan Canada gave me to buy I was able to get the locks and seat plus a bunch more stuff that the SV /w/con. pkg offered that year for barely anything over what a base S cost it was really a easy decision.
    That being said there are things I don't use on the SV very much like the back up camera and the adjustable mirrors ect.
    the blue tooth I only use for phone calls and to use the little symbol to tell me if my lost phone is in the car lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

palourde77 (07-02-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I have had both the base S and the SV with convenience package and can say I understand the reasoning behind either decision of purchasing both.
    I bought my base S for the simplicity and the "less to go wrong" with it about the car and after driving it for 70 000k the things I wished I had were the door locks and a better drivers seat.
    Then to be honest with all the incentives going on at the time plus the deep discount Nissan Canada gave me to buy I was able to get the locks and seat plus a bunch more stuff that the SV /w/con. pkg offered that year for barely anything over what a base S cost it was really a easy decision.
    That being said there are things I don't use on the SV very much like the back up camera and the adjustable mirrors ect.
    the blue tooth I only use for phone calls and to use the little symbol to tell me if my lost phone is in the car lol.
    I looked into going that route as well and adding in the features I wanted from the SV trim to an S (there was a grey 2016 S model on the lot here clearance for 9500$) but I really wanted AC and it was the older grey color lol. Not to mention parts are scarce and expensive to get up here.

Did the SV trim start shipping with backup camera for 2018? As of 2017 the SV trim did not have the SR head unit and backup camera, just the base head unit and 4 speakers.

I couldn't care less about power side mirrors, they just need to be heated!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spacewolf For This Useful Post:

Pete (06-23-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
    I looked into going that route as well and adding in the features I wanted from the SV trim to an S (there was a grey 2016 S model on the lot here clearance for 9500$) but I really wanted AC and it was the older grey color lol. Not to mention parts are scarce and expensive to get up here.

Did the SV trim start shipping with backup camera for 2018? As of 2017 the SV trim did not have the SR head unit and backup camera, just the base head unit and 4 speakers.

I couldn't care less about power side mirrors, they just need to be heated!
    The Canadian Government wants all vehicles from 2018 moving forward to have backup cameras in them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMicra17 View Post
    The Canadian Government wants all vehicles from 2018 moving forward to have backup cameras in them.
    Does that mean that 2018+ all have the SR head unit and backup camera for free?

After driving the new civic sedan and a couple of other modern sedans, I get why they're mandating that.
    Visibility is TERRIBLE on them.

Honestly, if I need to rely on a backup camera to see properly, I don't want to drive/own it.
    You should only need a backup camera for a large passenger van or to see the tow hook on your truck IMHO.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
    Does that mean that 2018+ all have the SR head unit and backup camera for free?
    “Free” you can bet that they will pass this new cost to the customers.we live in an era where we pay fees to get an invoice after all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Groleau View Post
    ?Free? you can bet that they will pass this new cost to the customers.we live in an era where we pay fees to get an invoice after all.
    It's true.. I meant to go back and quote "free" as well right after I posted it..

My bet is they'll keep the MSRP on the base at 10k and then inflate the SV and SR with the extra costs proportionately.

Thanks
    They don't need to have the backup camera unless they're built after May, 2018.

If I were an automaker, I would have made a big pile of cars before May if my factory has the capacity.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Agreed - the SV/SR seat is superior. Comfort is subjective, but I thought the adjustable seat bottom made a huge difference. Fortunately, these days, there are enough SV's in wrecking yards that it's not too hard to upgrade if you really want. Or get a skinny cushion.

Remote locks.... you can get cheap kits on fleabay/amazon. (Haven't we seen someone add them around here yet?)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yup, I have a base micra... should have got AC for winter to help get the windows clear.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Own a 2015 base Micra. Love it. If I want buttons and knobs I drive our Suburban.