Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions For Long Term Micra Owners

Thanks
    Search for "rust" in thread titles ("advanced" search box, top right corner of every page).

A few members have had rust issues: With the underside of the rocker panel (due to sandblasting/gravel blasting). Also some complain about paint chips rusting. Several people have had the hatchback handle rust, and there's a recent thread about the reverse camera housing rusting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Well my Wife's 2015 Micra SV with 77,000KM has had no issues at all. Outside of missing the black slider control for cabin air recirculation and fresh air (LOL even the dealer could not figure out why the windows fogged up constantly) not one issue. Sure I want new shocks/struts and a bit firmer in the rear end to get some better handling for me, the wife is happy as is....but those would be upgrades. Always synthetic oil changes which I do myself she is 100% stock from new.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GreatWhite For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-18-2019)

Thanks
    i have a basic model 2015 bought new july 2014....210,000. kms. car is still pretty tight and runs well. mostly just oil changes (like religion every 5K - not 8 K like the manual says), front brakes at 150K, spark plugs at 150K, some exhaust pipe patches welded in, heat shield failed and threw it away, tires of course, manual tranny oil change at 200K, brake fluid changed twice (manual is ridiculous and says every 16K). also, I get it undercoated every 2 years. I have not had an oil burning problem, but it now takes a 1/2 litre between oil changes. NOTE: most of my miles are highway, not city miles so I cannot say how the car would stand up to city driving.
    Other than that, a stiff wind caught the driver side door and slightly bent the hinge parts, but can live with it. Great little car and will be buying a new one with a manual (if I can get air with a manual) before they change out the platform. I do not trust renault nissan automatics and the reported fail rate on their CVT's is very concerning.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to duffy49 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-21-2019)

Thanks
    I think you're out of luck already if you want a manual trans + air conditioning. Nissan dropped the manual from the SV trim for 2019 (dropped from SR a few years earlier). So it seems like you'd have to find a new leftover 2018 SV if you really want one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    we are in nova scotia on the coast so rust is a real problem.....i have dabbed some paint on any stone chips and they are fine (but not looking like original paint haha)...of course gravel can take paint off of the bottom of the rockers etc....a few minutes with some paint fixes it....and we get a good undercoat every two years. no probs with the handle and my car is a 2015 so no back up cameras. Note: anytime that bare metal is exposed to weather it will rust....it is a service issue that must be managed on any car...not just a micra issue. Ken....210K trouble free with good regular maintenance (I do not bother with synthetic oil changes....we just do them every 5-6K kms )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duffy49 View Post
    i have a basic model 2015 bought new july 2014....210,000. kms. car is still pretty tight and runs well. mostly just oil changes (like religion every 5K - not 8 K like the manual says), front brakes at 150K, spark plugs at 150K, some exhaust pipe patches welded in, heat shield failed and threw it away, tires of course, manual tranny oil change at 200K, brake fluid changed twice (manual is ridiculous and says every 16K). also, I get it undercoated every 2 years. I have not had an oil burning problem, but it now takes a 1/2 litre between oil changes. NOTE: most of my miles are highway, not city miles so I cannot say how the car would stand up to city driving.
    Other than that, a stiff wind caught the driver side door and slightly bent the hinge parts, but can live with it. Great little car and will be buying a new one with a manual (if I can get air with a manual) before they change out the platform. I do not trust renault nissan automatics and the reported fail rate on their CVT's is very concerning.
    Just a note: The auto transmission is conventional 4 speed with overdrive. It is NOT a CVT.

I have found that my new 2019 SV auto revs about 800 RPM lower at 115 km/h than my old 2015 MT

Thanks
    good info about the newer car....is that with an auto or manual tranny? tx

Thanks
    I have my Micra 2015 SR for 5 years now, just bought it at the end of lease because I really like it. it's 56000km and looks like new.

I do city driving only and in traffic most of the time. So far I only did the oil replacement, no other expense. I will need new tires and new front break next year. I lost one of the heat shield recently, but that's about it.

No rust what so ever, but I did the rust protection at the dealer when I bought the car. I think it's worth it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dani3d For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-12-2019)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have a 2015 S. I'm up to 210,000km. I think the key to making your car last is to keep up your maintenance and to find a really good Service Center. Every one on this site also has the advantage of comparing the work being done on our cars here. I've done all the work at this point at the dealership, except wiper plades. I do need new summer tires. A nice person took the air out of 2 of the tires for me. I'm not sure if I will buy them at the dealership or Costco

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Aytononline For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-12-2019)

Thanks
    hi..I have over 227000 kms and have had 2 welds done on the exhaust, new front brakes and rotors and 4 sparkplugs....that is all (and one undercoating) and new tires of course. Have been across canada and back. Most of our driving is highway as we live in a rural area.These are bullet proof little cars and good on the highway and in snow. Will get a new one next year before they stop importing them. (Not interested in the newer version if it comes to Canada...too much Renault in it and the useless Nissan CVTs)