Thread: Ordered new Winters tires

Thanks

Ordered new Winters tires

Cooper Evolution Winters, in 175/65R15.

Best name brand decent tire I could find that would allow a dropped size but maintain overall diameter.

Should be in in a couple weeks. I will review em when I mount them late October.

$455 installed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Good luck with them. I'm glad I'm in an area where I can get by with all seasons year round and don't have to worry about the expense and trouble of having to change tires every 6 months. It's not uncommon for us to get a few snowfalls each year and occasionally get an ice storm but in 43 years of driving I've never needed winter tires to get where I needed to go. I usually have more trouble here in my own driveway than anywhere else I go.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Versa SV automatic: 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.3 mpg (Imp) ... 21.4 km/L ... 50.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    lol...2nd on the driveway being the most challenging....good price nickels!!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Versa View Post
    Good luck with them. I'm glad I'm in an area where I can get by with all seasons year round and don't have to worry about the expense and trouble of having to change tires every 6 months. It's not uncommon for us to get a few snowfalls each year and occasionally get an ice storm but in 43 years of driving I've never needed winter tires to get where I needed to go. I usually have more trouble here in my own driveway than anywhere else I go.
    Extra cost? What about having a second set of tires costs extra? Maybe the rims are a sunk cost, I guess?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I suppose not everyone gets a second set of wheels for their summers/winters. Swapping tires over twice a year adds up.

Thanks
    I usually buy 70-75K mile all seasons and they last for several years. Two sets and they'd rot before I wore out both sets so it would be an extra expense. Sure I could go to a 40K mile tire but that wouldn't cut the cost enough to pay for a second set of tires. If I needed winter tires I'd definitely have a second set of wheels and wouldn't pay $80-$100 to have them removed from the wheels and re-balanced every 6 months. I bought an extra steel wheel for mine just so I could have a full size spare instead of one of the donuts that you're not supposed to run more than about 45-50 MPH on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Versa SV automatic: 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.3 mpg (Imp) ... 21.4 km/L ... 50.2 mpg (US) ...